Grants to Cowlitz County, Washington State K-12 public school teachers for supplementary classroom and/or school projects that enhance learning. Funds are intended to create educational opportunities for students in the Longview Public School District.
The Longview Public Schools Foundation funds projects that:
1. Are innovative, enrich or supplement teaching efforts/learning activities that directly benefit students.
2. Develop learning opportunities usually not possible within normal school budget constraints.
3. Are clearly defined and have clearly stated purposes, student performance outcomes, methods and procedures.
4. Are realistic and educationally sound, with specific materials, resource personnel, tentative schedules and completion dates.
5. Include an evaluation and reporting plan focusing on achievement of designated student learning outcomes suitable to the nature of the project.
6. Include a budget request that is reasonable, sufficiently detailed and lists other sources of income, if any.
7. Are in alignment with Longview Public School District goals and values.
Preference will be given to projects that: have unique or innovative components; require start-up, one-time, or gap funding rather than ongoing funding; enhance learning for a large number of students; and leverage other funding sources.
Projects are ineligible that:
1. Involve the establishment of a permanent foundation or trust, or the creation of a permanent interest-bearing account.
2. Include any liability for the Longview Public Schools Foundation, except for the monetary amount of the grant.
3. Require ongoing or long-term financial support from the Foundation.