Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Portage and District (CFPD)
Grants to Manitoba nonprofits for programs that benefit residents in eligible communities. Funding may be awarded to programs in the areas of education, health care, recreation, arts and culture, environment, and social services. Programs must primarily benefit the people of Portage la Prairie and District. Capital projects will be considered if there is a demonstrated need.
Preference is given to projects which:
- Encourage more efficient use of community resources;
- Expect to test or demonstrate new approaches and techniques in the solution of community problems;
- Address the underlying causes of problems in our society rather than dealing only with symptoms;
- Are developed in consultation with other agencies and planning groups and those which promote coordination, cooperation, and sharing among organizations and the elimination of duplicate services;
- Promote volunteer participation and citizen involvement in the community;
- Demonstrate evidence of community support and organization initiative.
The objectives of the Foundation are:
1) To support organizations providing social services in the community;
2) To assist and promote the arts and cultural activities;
3) To advance education;
4) To support and advance the provision of medical services;
5) To encourage and support physical fitness and health;
6) To support child welfare, youth development, and family well-being;
7) To support the enhancement of the environment;
8) To support and advance other community activities or facilities of a charitable nature.
GrantWatch ID#: 152881
Grants must be spent within 12 months of date of grant approval by the Board.
Grants are made only to nonprofit organizations with Revenue Canada Chartable Registration Numbers or other qualified donees under the Income Tax Act.
Organizations seeking funds must demonstrate a strong and committed board of directors or governing body of the organization, fiscal responsibility, and management qualifications.
Project proposals not eligible for funding are those that:
- Support operating expenses of established organizations or programs;
- Go towards operating or capital deficits;
- Go towards annual fund drives for sustaining support;
- Establish or add to endowment funds;
- Fund specific medical or scientific research projects;
- Support religious organizations for direct religious activities;
- Promote political activities or support advocacy initiatives;
- Provide general conference support;
- Go towards wages or salaries;
- Expenses incurred prior to receiving approval of grant.
A meeting to discuss your application with the Foundation directors or staff may be requested.
Application deadlines are April 1 and October 1.
Tips for grant writing: https://www.cfpdi.ca/grant-writing-tips
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Community Foundation of Portage and District
206 Saskatchewan Ave East
Portage la Prairie, MB
Portage la Prairie and District