Foundation / Corporation
Greater Tacoma Community Foundation (GTCF)
09/15/17 4:00 PM
Grants of up to $30,000 to Pierce County, Washington nonprofits for professional support services to enhance the organization's effectiveness. Funding may be used towards project related expenses such as technology advancements, marketing materials, website development, and consultant fees.
Types of Building Capacity:
1) Program Expansion - Increase the depth and breadth of the organization's reach in a specific community.
2) Strategic Relationships - Provide technical assistance and/or consultant support to help two or more organizations work through/toward a long-term partnership or business plan.
3) Marketing and Outreach - Support planning and/or implementation to create and/or launch a new brand or campaign.
4) Technology - Develop databases, computer networks, and websites, etc., to support the organization's work.
5) Planning - Support business, program, and strategic planning initiatives.
6)Evaluation - Develop program evaluation, including data collection.
7) Business Processes - Create, streamline, or improve the efficiency of internal systems, especially accounting and human resources.
In general, the most successful capacity building projects:
- Address management and leadership issues that affect the organization as a whole, rather than a single department or program.
- Come at a strategic moment for the organization, such as a leadership transition, a period of rapid growth or expansion, or a significant change in a program or income stream.
- Are focused on a single problem or issue, rather than a patchwork of unrelated problems or needs.
- Are critical to the organization's long-term success in achieving its mission.
- Have a product that will benefit the organization beyond the lifetime of the grant.
GrantWatch ID#: 152931
Up to $30,000
Grants will be made for one year.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For questions contact:
Kathryn Zetzer, Senior Program Officer
USA: Washington: Pierce County
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations and eligible agencies to increase organizational capacity to address housing discrimination. Applicants are advised that required registrations may take several weeks to complete. The purpose of funding is to enhance enforcement act
Grants to USA and Canada nonprofit charitable organizations to impact public policy in a variety of national and international issues. In previous years, grants have been awarded for general operations and project support to think tanks, national councils, judicial orga
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations for the preservation of seascapes and landscapes through coral conservation and responsible mining projects. Applicants must submit a Letter of Intent in order to apply. Funding is intended for reclamation, restoration, research, ed
In-kind donations of technology and internet service to USA schools, colleges, and universities in multiple states to advance digital equity for students. Eligible applicants are located in the funding source's service area in the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Ariz
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to provide pet-care assistance to community members undergoing a crisis. Funding is intended for general operating support and to launch new projects. The goal of the program is to ensure that pets are taken care of while owners are
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grants to USA and territories individuals and non-federal agencies to promote the adoption and development of innovative approaches to conservation in agriculture. Applicants are advised that required registrations may take several weeks to complete. Priority funding ar
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations in multiple states to address the needs of residents in eligible counties, with priority given to low- to moderate-income populations. Applicants in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska,
Financial assistance to USA and Canada individuals and families with low incomes. Types of assistance include financial support to offset emergency expenses or to cover the cost of regular monthly bills. Funding is intended for workers and households that are bordering
Grants of up to $2,000 to USA nonprofit organizations for medical procedures to benefit rescue animals and place them for adoption. Funding is intended for procedures that will benefit animals who have suffered abuse or neglect. The purpose of the program is to allow an