Foundation / Corporation
Greater Tacoma Community Foundation (GTCF)
09/15/17 4:00 PM
Grants of up to $30,000 to Pierce County, Washington nonprofits for professional support services to enhance the organization's effectiveness. Funding may be used towards project related expenses such as technology advancements, marketing materials, website development, and consultant fees.
Types of Building Capacity:
1) Program Expansion - Increase the depth and breadth of the organization's reach in a specific community.
2) Strategic Relationships - Provide technical assistance and/or consultant support to help two or more organizations work through/toward a long-term partnership or business plan.
3) Marketing and Outreach - Support planning and/or implementation to create and/or launch a new brand or campaign.
4) Technology - Develop databases, computer networks, and websites, etc., to support the organization's work.
5) Planning - Support business, program, and strategic planning initiatives.
6)Evaluation - Develop program evaluation, including data collection.
7) Business Processes - Create, streamline, or improve the efficiency of internal systems, especially accounting and human resources.
In general, the most successful capacity building projects:
- Address management and leadership issues that affect the organization as a whole, rather than a single department or program.
- Come at a strategic moment for the organization, such as a leadership transition, a period of rapid growth or expansion, or a significant change in a program or income stream.
- Are focused on a single problem or issue, rather than a patchwork of unrelated problems or needs.
- Are critical to the organization's long-term success in achieving its mission.
- Have a product that will benefit the organization beyond the lifetime of the grant.
GrantWatch ID#: 152931
Up to $30,000
Grants will be made for one year.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For questions contact:
Kathryn Zetzer, Senior Program Officer
USA: Washington: Pierce County
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to protect natural resources on land and water in locations around the world. Funding is intended to ensure that activities to acquire metals, gemstones, and corals for design use do not have an adverse impact on the area of origin.
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations in multiple states to address the needs of residents in eligible counties, with priority given to low- to moderate-income populations. Applicants in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska,
Grants to USA and Canada individuals and families with low-income for financial assistance. Types of assistance include financial support to offset emergency expenses or to cover the cost of regular monthly bills. Funding is intended for workers and households that are
Grant of $9,000 to a USA, Canada, or International early-career psychologist for child psychology research projects. The purpose of the program is for research and demonstration projects that foster an understanding of the relationship between self-identity and scholast
Grants of $25,000 to USA nonprofit organizations, government entities, educational institutions, and volunteer fire companies for community benefit projects. Funding is intended to support a wide range of impactful and sustainable initiatives that meet community needs.
Grants to USA, Mexico, and Haiti nonprofits, for-profit organizations, and government entities for programs and services that improve the quality of life for underserved children. Focus areas include working families, equitable communities, and thriving children. The Fu
Donations to USA nonprofit organizations for programming support for arts, pre-K-12 education, and literacy programs across the country. In addition, sponsorship opportunities are provided to USA for-profit and nonprofit organizations focusing on literacy, the arts, a