Grants of up to $30,000 to Illinois nonprofits, IHEs, schools, and agencies to engage an Illinois performing artist, company, or group. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis until the funds are committed or the deadline date. Applications must be received at least 8 weeks before start of program.
Funds will be provided for up to 75% of the artists fees for organizations seeking to present Illinois performing artists, companies, or groups for performances, collaborations, or short residencies held in conjunction with performances.
Applicants can select an artist from the Artstour Roster, http://www.arts.illinois.gov/at_search, or another artist, company, or group that is currently based in Illinois. Individual performers must be current residents of Illinois.
Examples of programs:
- A library engages a storyteller to present stories during a children’s story festival.
- A school district brings in a theater company to perform at the local high school. In addition, the company visits the elementary school to work with 3rd and 4th graders involved in the school’s upcoming theater production.
- A theater company collaborates with a folk musician in the creation and presentation of a new play.
- The local college brings a jazz orchestra to town to perform. The musicians also give a mini-performance at the local senior center.
- A dance company engages a classical music ensemble to provide live music for a performance.
Estimated Size of Grant:
For activities occurring by November 30, 2015.
Walter Buford, Director of Performing Arts and Partners in Excellence Programs