Grants of up to $75,000 to high schools, up to $40,000 to middle schools, and up to $30,000 to elementary schools in San Diego County, California that are seeking funds for physical fitness, nutrition, and/or athletic programs on their campuses. This program is intended to encourage both public and private schools in San Diego County to develop physical education and nutrition programs to improve the health and general well-being of resident students.
Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
This program is open to any public or private school in San Diego County, California.
- Schools must propose a program which will utilize the full amount of grant money requested.
- Schools must provide legitimate proof of need for project being proposed.
- Public schools must meet the legal compliance of the Education Code Minute Mandate for physical education:
* Elementary Schools: 200 minutes within every ten days.
* Secondary Schools: 400 minutes within every ten days.
- Private schools must provide verification of physical education programs of comparable length.
- Elementary schools must have a teacher with an appropriate credential in physical education to apply.
Contact Bruce Ward (info below) prior to grant application. Proposals will not be considered without this pre-approval.
- Please type all application materials.
- Please attach all necessary back-up material in proper order – do not include binders, report covers or page covers in your submission.
- Only fully completed applications will be accepted.
- Finalists will be notified in early June.
Applications must be postmarked by April 24th, 2015, in order to receive consideration.
Mail applications to:
Chargers Champions School Grant Program
P.O. Box 609609
San Diego, CA 92160
Estimated Size of Grant
High Schools can apply for grants up to $75,000.
Middle Schools can apply for grants up to $40,000.
Elementary Schools can apply for grants up to $30,000.