Foundation / Corporation
Seeds of Change
03/28/17 11:59 PM EDT
Grants of $10,000, $25,000, and $30,000 to USA nonprofit organizations and businesses for community-oriented gardening, farming, or food and nutrition education projects. Funding is intended for projects that enable and empower the local community to make healthy eating choices, and be excited about and involved in gardening and farming.
Projects must be focused on one of the following areas:
- Community-based farming or gardening
- Public school gardens
- Food and nutrition education
- Farming and agriculture education
- Sustainable farming
Judges will evaluate each application based on the extent to which the organization does the following:
- Food Education – How the organization helps teach people where their food comes from. How the entry effectively builds the connection between the journey from seed to plate. How the organization greater enables and empowers the community to make healthy eating choices. (up to 30 points)
- Community Impact – Whether the entry clearly identifies the organization’s mission and measurable goals, and ties its activity, impact and value to its community and to the Seeds of Change® mission. Make it clear what your organization accomplishes, and how it makes a difference. (up to 25 points)
- Need based – Whether the entry demonstrates a need for charitable funding. Does your organization have robust, alternate sources of income? Please share how grants offer an opportunity that the project or organization would not have the means to fund otherwise. (up to 20 points)
- Leadership and Inspiration – Whether the entry provides sound methods for executing its activity and achieving tangible results for its community. How does it get people excited about gardening and farming? Also whether the project leader, collaborators and partners have the capacity and commitment to see the project through to completion, while engaging the community. (up to 25 points)
Examples of permissible ways to use the funds include, but are not limited to:
- Printing, postage and supplies, including software
- Small equipment purchases, and equipment rental
- Travel and per diem necessary for project execution
- Outreach expenses
- Event refreshments and working meals
- Project-specific long distance, fax, and conference calls over land lines
- Outreach costs associated with hosting an educational event or field day
GrantWatch ID#: 153424
24: 2 top-scoring schools and 2 top-scoring community winners, and 20 next-to-highest scoring winners - 10 schools and 10 community winners
- The two (2) top-scoring school applicants will be eligible to each receive a $25,000 grant, and the two top-scoring (2) community applicants will be eligible to each receive a $30,000 grant.
- The next top twenty (20) scoring applicants – ten (10) school applicants and ten (10) community applicants – will each be eligible to receive one (1) $10,000 grant.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For questions, email email@example.com.
Seeds of Change®
P.O. Box 4908
Rancho Dominguez, CA 90220
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales