Foundation / Corporation
The Plastic Surgery Foundation (PSF)
Grants of up to $15,000 to USA nonprofits to help cover the costs of breast reconstruction surgery for women who are in financial need. Funds must be used to directly support surgical care expenses for women undergoing breast reconstruction surgery, especially for uninsured and underinsured women in underserved communities.
Examples of Allowable Expenses:
1. Reimbursing women for the following expenses related to breast reconstruction:
- Travel to and from hospital
- Daycare during hospital visits
- Loss of wages during surgery
2. Expenses not covered under patient’s insurance, or out-of-pocket deductibles and co-pays for the following breast reconstruction expenses:
- Areola tattoos
- Hospital Stay/Clinic fees
- Patient Coordination
- Pain pumps, surgical garments, etc
3. Supplemental insurance for the purpose of breast reconstruction surgery (proof of surgery required)
GrantWatch ID#: 153638
Up to $15,000
Grants will be awarded for the period beginning July 1, 2018 and ending June 30, 2019.
Breast Reconstruction Awareness Fund Charitable Care Grants are awarded to U.S. based tax-exempt public 501(c)(3) charities that have a demonstrated a track record of providing effective breast reconstruction surgery charity care.
Funds from this grant cannot be used for Plastic Surgeon physician surgical fees or cancer care.
Examples of Non-Allowable Expenses:
- Mastectomy surgery fees
- Plastic Surgeon physician surgical fees
- Expenses covered by patient’s insurance
- Organizational Indirect Costs
- Salaries or expenses for already existing programs
- Already donated services
Please note the following regarding patient eligibility:
1. All final expense reports will be expected to be detailed and broken down by patient and be accompanied by a description of how the patient fits the following criteria:
- Uninsured or underinsured
- From low- to moderate- income households
- Patient has undergone a mastectomy or lumpectomy from breast cancer diagnosis or prophylactic mastectomy for women who are at high risk for breast cancer.
2. Women seeking reconstruction due to the following conditions are not eligible:
- Women with congenital breast deformities
- Replacement implants after already receiving breast reconstruction
Breast Reconstruction Awareness Fund Charitable Care Grant applications for the 2018 grant cycle will be accepted
through Thursday, April 5, 2018. All applications must be submitted online by April 5, 2018.
Announcements of grant awards will be made in July of 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://form.jotform.com/80177747863166
The Plastic Surgery Foundation
Attn: Mary Ruth Arway, MA
444 E. Algonquin Road
Arlington Heights, Il 60005
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming