Foundation / Corporation
Arts Council Santa Cruz County
04/12/19 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $1,000 to Santa Cruz County, California individual artists and arts organizations for professional development support. Funding is intended to improve the artistic capabilities of artists, and to expand the professional and business capacity of organizations throughout the County.
Through the Develop Grants Program, the Council aims to promote, connect, and invest in the arts in order to stimulate creativity and vibrancy in Santa Cruz County. The Council's vision is of a more vibrant Santa Cruz County, where individual and collective artistic expression thrive and where the arts are a valued part of all aspects of a diverse culture, economy, educational systems and everyday life. The Council is committed to promoting equity and inclusion for all Santa Cruz County residents.
The objectives of the Arts Council’s Grants Program are to:
- Support the creation and presentation of artistically excellent work
- Increase the success of artists and the sustainability of arts organizations
- Expand equitable access to the arts (improving disparities in representation and access in the arts)
- Increase social impact through art (advancing social and racial justice issues in the community)
- Engage new audiences in the arts
- A dancer taking a class or going to a conference to improve their skills
- A visual artist creating a website to promote his work
- An arts organization hiring a consultant to help develop a new marketing plan for its programs
- An installation artist creating a Kickstarter video to fund their next project
GrantWatch ID#: 153659
The maximum grant award is $1,000.
Projects must occur between July 10, 2019 and July 31, 2020.
The grant program is open to all Santa Cruz County artists and arts organizations, including current grantees. Applicant must be a Santa Cruz County resident (if applying as an individual), or be located in Santa Cruz County (if applying as an organization).
Develop Grants Do Not Fund:
- Arts programming or staff
- Projects executed before grants are awarded
- Public arts projects, events, or support for a body of work
- Capital improvements, construction, or renovation projects
- Government departments, boards, or programs
- Research, foundations, debt retirement, fundraising or benefit events, refreshment, social services, political or religious advocacy, or for-profit organizations
For more information, a Grants Orientation is highly recommended:
- Arts & Culture Grants Orientation, Santa Cruz: Tuesday, March 12 from 5:30-6:30pm at the Arts Council (Tannery campus)
See https://www.facebook.com/events/297569534242312/for more information and registration.
- Arts & Culture Grants Orientation, Watsonville: Thursday, March 14 from 5:30-6:30pm at the Watsonville Library
See https://www.facebook.com/events/1052766574921433/ for more information and registration.
- Grantwriting Workshop: Monday, April 1, 2019 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM PDT at Digital Nest - 318 Union St., Watsonville.
See https://www.facebook.com/events/426572738147278/ for more information and registration.
- Deadline to apply: April 12 (5pm)
- Awards announced: Mid-July 2019
- Funding period: July 10, 2019-July 31, 2020
Only one Develop Grant application may be submitted in a twelve-month period. If an application is denied, the Program Manager may give permission to resubmit the application under certain circumstances. If an applicant is awarded a Develop Grant for two successive years, she/he must skip a year before applying again.
A grant orientation session is recommended for First-Time Applicants, but not required. See Pre-Proposal Conference above for more information about Grants Orientations as well as Grantwriting Workshops.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=artssantacruz
For more information please contact:
Hannah Garcia, Grants Program Manager
Arts Council Santa Cruz County
1070 River Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
USA: California: Santa Cruz County