GrantRegions Object ( [regions] => Array ( ) [is_initialized] => [error_messages] => Array ( ) [qm] => QueryManager Object ( [is_debug] => [conn] => mysqli Object ( [affected_rows] => 0 [client_info] => mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 3591daad22de08524295e1bd073aceeff11e6579 $ [client_version] => 50012 [connect_errno] => 0 [connect_error] => [errno] => 0 [error] => [error_list] => Array ( ) [field_count] => 2 [host_info] => 172.16.38.157 via TCP/IP [info] => [insert_id] => 0 [server_info] => 5.5.5-10.5.18-MariaDB [server_version] => 100518 [stat] => Uptime: 3428246 Threads: 256 Questions: 576943235 Slow queries: 1327 Opens: 128804 Open tables: 2370 Queries per second avg: 168.291 [sqlstate] => 00000 [protocol_version] => 10 [thread_id] => 94795602 [warning_count] => 0 ) ) [has_regions] => 1 [state_names] => Array (  => Arizona; ) [province_names] => Array ( ) [country_names] => Array ( ) [is_israel] => [territories] => Array ( ) [free_associations] => Array ( ) )
Grants ranging from $10,000 to $20,000 to Arizona Title I schools to partner with nonprofit arts organizations or government agencies to strengthen arts education and arts curriculum integration. This program supports substantive partnerships that use arts to improve academic outcomes.
Applications may focus on any number of effective models, but must utilize the proposed arts education and/or arts integration programming to address desired goals and outcomes aligned with at least one of the six principles in the school’s Comprehensive Needs Assessment, as developed by the Arizona Department of Education:
1) Effective Leadership
2) Effective Teachers and Instruction
3) Effective Organization of Time
4) Effective Curriculum
5) Conditions, Climate, and Culture
6) Family and Community Engagement
As such, outcomes could be related to several efforts, including student learning, teacher professional development, classroom instruction, parent engagement, student support strategies, and more.
- Impact: Proposed activities are aligned with school’s comprehensive needs assessment and suggest potential to strengthen teaching and learning in arts education and/or arts integration.
- Quality of Programming/Outcomes: Proposal describes quality, school-based arts programming designed to address clearly articulated outcomes that are appropriate for the partners.
- Viability: Proposal demonstrates viability of programming and capacity of the partners to manage the project to successful completion.
Applications will be reviewed holistically, according to all of the published criteria.
Number of Grants:
Estimated Size of Grant:
Proposed programming must take place in Fiscal Year 2019 (July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019).