Keep Charlotte Beautiful (KCB)
12/04/17 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $5,000 to Charlotte, North Carolina neighborhood or merchant organizations, nonprofits, and individuals for community beautification projects in the areas of waste reduction and recycling, litter prevention, community greening, and art and enhancements to beautify spaces and places.
- Clean-Your-Block Parties that promote litter removal and prevention
- Grant funds may include: branded safety vests, t-shirts, temporary signage, gloves, tools/tool rental and marketing efforts. Clean-up supplies including litter sticks, trash and recycling bags and safety vests are available upon request through Keep Charlotte Beautiful.
Waste Reduction and Recycling
- Competitions and educational campaigns, decorative trash cans and recycling bins, pet waste stations, cigarette butt boxes and other innovative methods to improve collection of waste and recycling.
- Grant funds may include: program supplies, signage, bins, design fees, and installation.
- Art and enhancements to beautify spaces and places- decorative elements may include sculpture, painted pavement, murals, mosaics, decorative signal cabinet wraps, seating, and benches. Façade improvements may include help your neighbor campaigns to manage lawns, landscaping and minor exterior home repairs, painting, and other enhancements.
- Grant funds may include: design fees, supplies and installation.
Applicants may request up to $150 for food and/or non-alcoholic beverages, when incorporated as a meaningful component of the proposed project.
GrantWatch ID#: 154690
Up to $5,000
Grant funded activities must be completed by June 1, 2018.
Neighborhood or merchant organizations, non-profit organizations and/or individuals within the City of Charlotte are eligible to apply.
KCB Beautification Grant Pre-Application Workshop
Join in to learn the ins and outs of the Keep Charlotte Beautiful Beautification Grant.
Location: Old City Hall Room 106, November 2, 2017, 6 -7 p.m.
Address: 600 E. Trade St. Charlotte NC 28202
KCB Board Members will review all the Letters of Intent and select finalists who will be invited to submit a formal grant application.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register for the pre-application workshop: https://charlottenc.seamlessdocs.com/f/FY18
Submit letters of intent to: email@example.com
Or by mail or in person:
600 E Trade St.
Charlotte, NC 28202
USA: North Carolina: City of Charlotte