Grants to Michigan businesses, IHEs, nonprofits, and agricultural organizations to support economic development of the State's food and agriculture industry. Eligible projects benefit industry and/or the public by removing barriers and creating opportunities for food processors, agribusiness, and agricultural producers to develop and grow their organizations and businesses.
Projects should identify ways to validate new and improved innovations for emerging issues and allow for the sharing of information to benefit the industry and stakeholders.
Applications for funding should describe how the project impacts the Michigan food and agriculture industry. The project must produce measurable outcome(s) for the growth of the food and agriculture industry and/or the public, rather than a single organization or individual.
Priority will be given to projects that identify a scope of work that includes one or more of the following as it relates to the food and agriculture industry:
1. Talent/Workforce Development (i.e. training activities)
2. Infrastructure/Logistics (i.e. broadband access)
3. Feasibility Studies (i.e. enhancing value added capacity)
Grant funds cannot be used to pay for the acquisition of land or the purchase, construction, or structural repair of a building or facility.
For profit organizations other than small businesses
Incorporated not-for-profit entity
Institutions of Higher Education; IHE(s)
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
· Agricultural Cooperative: A group-owned or member-owned entity or business that provides, offers, or sells agricultural products or services for the mutual benefit of the members thereof.
· Producer Network: A producer group- or member-owned organization or business that provides, offers, or sells agricultural products or services through a common distribution system for the mutual benefit of the members thereof.
· Producer Associations: An organization or other business that assists, serves, or represents producers or a producer network.
· Nonprofit Corporation: Any organization or institution defined by Michigan Public Act 162 of 1982.
· Business Entities: An organization as defined by Michigan Public Act 23 of 1993, who is in good standing with the state of Michigan and whose primary function involves the production, processing or marketing of Michigan grown agricultural products.
· Economic Development Organizations: An organization whose mission is the improvement, maintenance, development and/or marketing or promotion of a specific geographic area.
· Educational Institutions: Institutions of higher education and/or research institutions and service providers.
Matching funds are encouraged, but not required.
All applicants must be registered as a vendor in the Contracts and Payments System with the State of Michigan. Prior to grant approval, the applicant must be registered. Please register: http://www.cpexpress.state.mi.us.
Term of Contract
September 30, 2015 - December 31, 2016
Nancy Nyquist, Grant Administrator
PO Box 30017
Lansing, MI 48909
(F) 517-335-0628 email@example.com