Foundation / Corporation
Humboldt Area Foundation (HAF)
04/15/19 5:00 PM
Grants averaging $500 to Humboldt County, California nonprofit organizations, educational and governmental institutions, and faith-based organizations for youth summer programs. Programs for youth who are disabled, at-risk, or disadvantaged are prioritized.
Program applications for additional funding are prioritized based on the following criteria:
- Serves a high number of low-income, disabled or otherwise disadvantaged youth;
- Serves youth in an outlying area with few summer alternatives for productive activities;
- Provides extensive operating hours throughout the summer (i.e. every week-day all summer);
- Serves extremely high numbers of youth;
- Serves an at-risk youth population;
- Provides camperships / scholarships;
- Has multiple funding sources
The committee may also award additional funding to organizations:
- That provide a large number of scholarships to their Summer Program;
- That have a Summer Program that requires no fee;
- That make good use of available resources and/or collaboration;
- With programs that provide developmental and not just recreational opportunities;
- That request items that help ensure the safety of their program’s participants
GrantWatch ID#: 154849
The average grant awarded will be $500. However, the Foundation recognizes that some summer programs have special needs, so will consider applications of over $500 in some circumstances.
Grants will be awarded to non-profits serving Humboldt County youth for programs offered between June 1 and September 1.
To receive this grant, the organization must have federal tax exempt status:
- Educational/Governmental Institution
- Faith Based
- Organizations may use a Fiscal Sponsor or be sponsored by an Umbrella Organization (must be a 501c3)
Travel outside of Humboldt County for summer activities and summer camps will not be funded.
All applications must be emailed or postmarked by April 15, 2019. Grants will be announced by May 31, 2019.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail applications to:
Humboldt Area Foundation
Attn: Summer Youth Partnership
363 Indianola Road Bayside, CA 95524
or Email: email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding these programs or our application process, please contact Tayshu Bommelyn, Grants Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or (707) 267-9914.
USA: California: Humboldt County