Foundation / Corporation
Humboldt Area Foundation (HAF)
04/15/19 5:00 PM
Grants averaging $500 to Humboldt County, California nonprofit organizations, educational and governmental institutions, and faith-based organizations for youth summer programs. Programs for youth who are disabled, at-risk, or disadvantaged are prioritized.
Program applications for additional funding are prioritized based on the following criteria:
- Serves a high number of low-income, disabled or otherwise disadvantaged youth;
- Serves youth in an outlying area with few summer alternatives for productive activities;
- Provides extensive operating hours throughout the summer (i.e. every week-day all summer);
- Serves extremely high numbers of youth;
- Serves an at-risk youth population;
- Provides camperships / scholarships;
- Has multiple funding sources
The committee may also award additional funding to organizations:
- That provide a large number of scholarships to their Summer Program;
- That have a Summer Program that requires no fee;
- That make good use of available resources and/or collaboration;
- With programs that provide developmental and not just recreational opportunities;
- That request items that help ensure the safety of their program’s participants
GrantWatch ID#: 154849
The average grant awarded will be $500. However, the Foundation recognizes that some summer programs have special needs, so will consider applications of over $500 in some circumstances.
Grants will be awarded to non-profits serving Humboldt County youth for programs offered between June 1 and September 1.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail applications to:
Humboldt Area Foundation
Attn: Summer Youth Partnership
363 Indianola Road Bayside, CA 95524
or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding these programs or our application process, please contact Tayshu Bommelyn, Grants Assistant at email@example.com or (707) 267-9914.
USA: California: Humboldt County