Foundation / Corporation
Humboldt County Community Foundation (HCCF)
01/05/18 4:00 PM Hand Delivery or Postmarked by Date
Grants of up to $10,000 to Iowa nonprofit organizations and government agencies to enhance the quality of life in Humboldt County. Applicants must attend a mandatory meeting on December 7, 2017. Projects will be considered in the areas of arts and culture, education, community affairs, community development, health, human services, environmental protection, and historic preservation.
In general, the Foundation will support three types of requests:
- Projects of service to the general community or pilot projects.
- Seed money to enable projects to demonstrate their potential or enhance services.
- Emergency funding for community needs.
Requests may be:
- Program-based: Operational, activity, general programming
- Capital-based: Structural, physical improvement, new construction
GrantWatch ID#: 154850
The maximum amount awarded to a single recipient shall be no more than $10,000.
Proof of purchase and expenditure of funds applying to grants must be supplied to the community foundation within 3 months or a request for extension must be given by the community foundation.
Organization must be a tax-exempt, nonprofit classified by the IRS as 501(c)(3), or a 170 (c)(1) governmental entity.
If not a 501(c)(3), the applicant must have a fiscal sponsor who will be legally and financially responsible.
A mandatory pre-application meeting will be held December 7, 2017, 6:00 - 7:00 PM at:
412 Main Street
Dakota City, Iowa 50529
All applicants must attend this meeting to be eligible to apply for a grant.
- November 1, 2017 - Grant Application Available
- December 7, 2017 (6pm-7pm): MANDATORY Grant Meeting
- January 5, 2018: Grant Application Deadline • Applications must be delivered by 4:00 pm to City Hall, or if mailed applications must be postmarked no later than January 5, 2018.
-September 30, 2018: Grant Evaluations or Extension Requests Are Due
- March 22, 2018: Grant Awards Ceremony • A representative from all recipient organizations must be present at the awards ceremony.
- March 1, 2018: Notice of Grant Awards Mailed to Recipients
- February 1, 2018: GDMCF Submission and Final Approval
- January 25, 2018: HCCF Board meets to Approve Grants
- January 11, 2018: Committee Meets to Review Applications
**The Humboldt County Community Foundation reserves the right to alter the Grant Timeline if necessary.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
City of Humboldt
29 5th Street South
Humboldt, IA 50548
USA: Iowa: Humboldt County