PEI (Prince Edwards Island) Museum and Heritage Foundation
Awards to Prince Edward Island individuals or groups in recognition of architecture, writing, architectural preservation, genealogy and general heritage activities. Heritage includes but is not limited to tangible, intangible and natural history. It encompasses architectural preservation, folklore, culture, archives, archaeology, genealogy and history in all of its forms.
Awards will recognize an original and important contribution to the preservation or interpretation of a significant aspect of the heritage of Prince Edward Island.
In addition to the above, one award per year may be given in each of the following categories:
1) Natural Heritage Activity - Awarded to an individual who has made a significant volunteer contribution to the preservation or promotion of the natural heritage of Prince Edward Island.
2) Volunteer of the Year - Awarded to an individual who has made a significant volunteer contribution to the preservation or promotion of the heritage of Prince Edward Island.
3) Youth Volunteer of the Year - Awarded to an individual under the age of 25 who has made a significant volunteer contribution to the preservation or promotion of the heritage of Prince Edward Island.
4) Publication of the Year - Awarded to an individual or group responsible for a publication or presentation making a significant contribution to the understanding of any aspect of the heritage of Prince Edward Island.
5) Mary Cornfoot Brehaut Award - Awarded to an individual or group for an outstanding contribution to genealogy and family history on Prince Edward Island.
6) Irene Rogers Award - Awarded to an individual or group for an outstanding contribution to the architectural heritage of Prince Edward Island.
7) Wendell Boyle Award - Awarded to a group or individual for an outstanding contribution in a performance medium – for instance, music or theatre – that highlights or interprets the history of Prince Edward Island.
8) Award of Honor - Presented to an individual or institution for an outstanding contribution in the areas of research, education, or preservation as they relate to the human or natural history of Prince Edward Island. This award recognizes in an individual achievements of a lifetime or career, or in an institution a consistently high level of achievement over long periods of time.
GrantWatch ID#: 155434
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Prince Edward Island Museum & Heritage Foundation
PEI Museum and Heritage Foundation
2 Kent Street, Charlottetown, PE
Canada: Prince Edward Island;
Grants to USA and Canada nonprofit charitable organizations to impact public policy in a variety of national and international issues. In previous years, grants have been awarded for general operations and project support to think tanks, national councils, judicial orga
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Financial assistance to USA and Canada individuals and families with low incomes. Types of assistance include financial support to offset emergency expenses or to cover the cost of regular monthly bills. Funding is intended for workers and households that are bordering
Fellowships to USA, Canada, and International researchers for research on reproductive biology in mammals and its relation to fertility regulation. Funding is intended to support early-career teachers and researchers so that they can pursue their careers and become inde
Fellowships of $50,000 per year to USA, Canada, and International nonprofit labs, hospitals, and IHEs for postdoctoral research programs related to Fragile X syndrome. A letter of intent is required prior to submitting a full proposal. The program aims to advance studie
Grants of up to $5,000 to USA, Canada, and International graduate students and faculty affiliated with nonprofit institutions of higher education for research to benefit the health and safety of children and youth. Funding is intended to support behavioral and psycholog
Grants of up to $15,000 to Canada schools to increase access to music education. Eligible uses of funds include instruments, equipment, and resources for new or existing music programs. Eligible applicants include public, separate, and First Nations schools. Applicatio
Grants starting at $10,000 to USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations for environmental sustainability initiatives to improve ocean health. Funding is intended to support innovative projects that meet challenges faced by the marine and sailing industries.
Grants to USA and Canada educators at institutions of higher education to expand a lighting program. Funding is intended for the creation and presentation of new or expanded courses in lighting. Benefit costs are allowable. Proposals that are multidisciplinary are encou
Grant of up to $30,000 to a USA or Canada educator at an IHE for the inclusion of a lighting design component to an existing curriculum. Funding is intended to enhance programs in interior design, engineering, technology, and architecture. Eligible IHE programs should c