PEI (Prince Edwards Island) Museum and Heritage Foundation
Awards to Prince Edward Island individuals or groups in recognition of architecture, writing, architectural preservation, genealogy and general heritage activities. Heritage includes but is not limited to tangible, intangible and natural history. It encompasses architectural preservation, folklore, culture, archives, archaeology, genealogy and history in all of its forms.
Awards will recognize an original and important contribution to the preservation or interpretation of a significant aspect of the heritage of Prince Edward Island.
In addition to the above, one award per year may be given in each of the following categories:
1) Natural Heritage Activity - Awarded to an individual who has made a significant volunteer contribution to the preservation or promotion of the natural heritage of Prince Edward Island.
2) Volunteer of the Year - Awarded to an individual who has made a significant volunteer contribution to the preservation or promotion of the heritage of Prince Edward Island.
3) Youth Volunteer of the Year - Awarded to an individual under the age of 25 who has made a significant volunteer contribution to the preservation or promotion of the heritage of Prince Edward Island.
4) Publication of the Year - Awarded to an individual or group responsible for a publication or presentation making a significant contribution to the understanding of any aspect of the heritage of Prince Edward Island.
5) Mary Cornfoot Brehaut Award - Awarded to an individual or group for an outstanding contribution to genealogy and family history on Prince Edward Island.
6) Irene Rogers Award - Awarded to an individual or group for an outstanding contribution to the architectural heritage of Prince Edward Island.
7) Wendell Boyle Award - Awarded to a group or individual for an outstanding contribution in a performance medium – for instance, music or theatre – that highlights or interprets the history of Prince Edward Island.
8) Award of Honor - Presented to an individual or institution for an outstanding contribution in the areas of research, education, or preservation as they relate to the human or natural history of Prince Edward Island. This award recognizes in an individual achievements of a lifetime or career, or in an institution a consistently high level of achievement over long periods of time.
GrantWatch ID#: 155434
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Prince Edward Island Museum & Heritage Foundation
PEI Museum and Heritage Foundation
2 Kent Street, Charlottetown, PE
Canada: Prince Edward Island;
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA, Canada, and International independent filmmakers for feature-length film projects. Funding is intended to support projects at any production phase from development through post-production. Priority will be given to applications from early career and emerg
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grants to USA and Canada individuals and families with low-income for financial assistance. Types of assistance include financial support to offset emergency expenses or to cover the cost of regular monthly bills. Funding is intended for workers and households that are
Grant of $9,000 to a USA, Canada, or International early-career psychologist for child psychology research projects. The purpose of the program is for research and demonstration projects that foster an understanding of the relationship between self-identity and scholast
Grants of up to $2,500 to Canadian registered charities and individuals to promote outdoor safety. Funding may be used to train and educate youth and outdoor leaders on risk avoidance, and to provide activities to facilitate communication among youth, leaders, and paren
Fellowships to USA, Canada, and International researchers for research on reproductive biology in mammals and its relation to fertility regulation. Eligible expenses include fringes, institutional overhead, and stipends. Funding is intended to support early-career resea
Fellowships of $45,000 per year to USA, Canada, and International nonprofit educational institutions for postdoctoral research programs on Fragile X syndrome. A letter of intent is required prior to submitting a full proposal. The program aims to advance studies that se
Fellowships to USA, Canada, and International PhD, MD, and postdoctoral researchers working in a USA lab for cancer research projects. Emphasis is placed on projects addressing causes and/or treatment. Funding is intended to support young promising scientists at a criti
Grants to USA, Canada, and International graduate students and postdoctoral fellows for assistance in establishing careers as investigators in the field of neurofibromatosis. Applicants must submit a letter of intent prior to applying. Grant recipients will receive two