Foundation / Corporation
Farm Credit Canada (FCC)
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 to Canada nonprofit organizations and municipalities for equipment and facility upgrades and construction projects that enhance rural communities. Funding is intended to support capital projects in medical centers, hospitals, sportsplexes, rinks, and childcare facilities, or to purchase fire and rescue equipment. Preference may be given to projects that contribute to sustainability in communities.
The FCC AgriSpirit Fund awards grants to organizations who are raising money for a capital project. Cities or towns with less than 150,000 people may qualify for a donation.
In addition to capital projects, the sustainable use of resources contributes to successful community development. Examples of eligible projects that contribute to sustainability include upgrades to heating and cooling systems in a community building, installing new windows in a rec center or purchasing capital items for a recycling facility.
GrantWatch ID#: 155507
Donations are between $5,000 and $25,000.
Projects must be completed within two years of receiving funding.
- Charities registered with the Canada Revenue Agency (For a list of registered charities, see https://www.canada.ca/en/services/taxes/charities.html.)
-Nonprofit organizations capable of partnering with a municipal body, territorial or provincial government. The municipal body must also agree to receive contributed money and issue a receipt.
- A municipal body (town, city under 150,000 people, rural municipality or First Nations band)
FCC employees and their immediate family members are not eligible for the FCC AgriSpirit Fund.
A program isn't eligible if it:
- Contributes to operating budgets or debt reduction campaigns
- Raises funds for a charity through private foundations or third parties (Lion’s Club, Knights of Columbus, etc.) unless funds are directed to a specific capital project for which FCC receives recognition for the donation
- Supports individual projects/interests
- Benefits members of a particular religion, political party or social organization whose primary focus is advocating a particular religious, social, moral, political or economic point of view
- Benefits private schools
- Adversely impacts the environment
- Is an organization directed by an elected Federal Official
Applications are open March 1 to 29, 2019. Only online applications will be evaluated.
Applicants will be contacted by email in August of the year they applied.
An organization/program isn’t eligible if it’s received support from the FCC AgriSpirit Fund in the past four years.
Organizations can apply for more than one project, but must apply separately.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Corporate Office of Farm Credit Canada:
1820 Hamilton Street
Regina, SK, S4P 2B8
(Subject = FCC AgriSpirit Fund)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon