Foundation / Corporation
Greater Salina Community Foundation (GSCF) - Smith County Community Foundation (SCCF) - Health Needs for Smith County Fund
11/15/17 11:59 PM CST
Grants to Smith County, Kansas nonprofit and charitable organizations, government and public entities, educational and religious institutions to promote health and wellbeing. Funding is intended for activities to protect and promote individuals' and community health through encouraging healthy lifestyles, behaviors, and environments.
The Foundation will also consider if the program, project or organization for which funding is requested is sustainable. Although the Board will consider a request for funding that is the same or similar to a previously approved grant, preference will be given to new and innovative grant requests.
Eligible types of support:
- Project or program support- supports specific projects or programs that are often linked to an organization’s service
- Operating or general support—supports the work of an organization from administrative expenses to program costs
- Endowments—a permanent gift to be invested to provide income for continued support for an organization
- Seed money—to establish or initiate a new project, program or organization. Seed money can cover salaries and other operating expenses of a new project (also known as start up funds).
- Capacity building—activities that strengthen an organization and help it fulfill its mission either through staff and equipment, new building or renovation, publications, training and convening.
- Capital—supports construction or renovation of a facility
GrantWatch ID#: 155554
The Community Foundation will consider grant requests from all 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, government/public entities, educational institutions, and religious institutions.
Other organizations such as for-profit entities, volunteer groups, and individuals will only be considered if the request is for a charitable community grant. All other organizations must find a non-profit fiscal partner. If that is not possible, applicants will need to practice expenditure responsibility including submitting receipts.
In order for the Community Foundation to consider your request, you must have an EIN or Tax ID Number.
Applications are due online by November 15, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST.
Watch a Registration Tutorial:
Watch an Application Tutorial:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
219 S. Main
P.O. Box 116
Smith Center, KS 66967
USA: Kansas: Smith County