Foundation / Corporation
Smoky Hills Charitable Foundation (SHCF) and Greater Salina Community Foundation- Smoky Hills Community Fund
09/15/18 11:59 PM CST
Grants to Kansas nonprofits, educational, government, and religious institutions for programs that address community needs and target populations of Ellsworth County. Programs are funded in the areas of environment, health and human services, arts, education, and spirituality.
Unless stated otherwise, applications that benefit the greater good of the population or the community are preferred and are restricted to Ellsworth County.
The applications are open to a variety of issues and target populations. However, successful applications are those that will help fulfill the Foundation’s mission to improve the quality of life for Ellsworth County.
When reviewing applications for grants from the Smoky Hills Charitable Foundation, the following will be considered:
What type of support is being requested?
- Project or program support supports specific projects or programs that are often linked to an organization’s service
- Operating or general support supports the work of an organization from administrative expenses to program costs
- Endowments serve as a permanent gift to be invested to provide income for continued support for an organization
- Seed money to establish or initiate a new project, program, or organization. Seed money can cover salaries and other operating expenses of a new project (also known as start up funds).
- Capacity building activities that strengthen an organization and help it fulfill its mission either through staff and equipment, new building or renovation, publications, training and convening.
- Capital funding supports construction or renovation of a facility
The board can choose to grant to any of the above type of requests.
Is the program or project sustainable?
The Foundation will also consider if the program, project or organization for which funding is requested is sustainable. Will the initiative continue after Foundation support ends? Do they have other ways of funding?
Is this a new grant request?
Although the Board will consider a request for funding that is the same or similar to a previously approved grant, preference will be given to new and innovative grant requests.
GrantWatch ID#: 155561
Grants may be made to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, educational, government or religious institutions. Individuals or organizations that do not fall into those categories that wish to apply for a grant that is for a charitable purpose must follow expenditure responsibility as outlined in the Grant Making and Due Diligence Policy & Procedure guidelines, attached below.
The Foundation will not consider grants to the following:
- Political projects of any kind
- Organizations or projects that practice discrimination by race, color, creed, sex, age, or national origin
- Operating deficits or retirement of debt
In order for the Community Foundation to consider your request, you must have an EIN or Tax ID Number. If your organization does not have either number, please contact the program staff before you apply.
All applications must be submitted by 11:59pm (CST) on March 15 and September 15. All applicants will need to fill out a grant application form through the online grant system.
Grant guidelines: http://smokyhillscf.org/grant-guidelines/
Watch a registration tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etScRJXC2bE
Watch an application tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oPa0E3V7uU
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=gscf
P.O. Box 265
Ellsworth, KS 67439
Ph. (785) 658-5802
USA: Kansas: Ellsworth County