Foundation / Corporation
Community Shares of MidOhio - Columbus SOUP
07/22/19 11:59 PM
Opportunity for Columbus, Ohio nonprofit organizations using business techniques to address social issues to present their projects at a community fundraising event. The winning organization will receive a grant from the cash donations. Funding is intended for creative projects that address society's most critical problems. Such innovations can improve and strengthen cities, and provide information that changes the system, spreads solutions, and persuades people to move in new directions. Competitive projects are those that clearly demonstrate a positive impact on Columbus and its communities. Selected applicants must attend and make a presentation at the SOUP event to be eligible.
Through quarterly community events, local organizations gain needed funding by presenting their ideas for creating positive change in Columbus. Attendees at SOUP events pay a $7 minimum donation for dinner and a vote. Cash donations are combined to create a micro-grant, and everyone at the event votes for which of the projects wins the grant. The theme for this SOUP event is Social Enterprises and Makers. Projects should promote:
- Action: Efforts to promote a better society for future generations
- Awareness: Increasing understanding of concerns and proposing solutions
- Cooperation: Creating positive relationships between groups and identifying common messages
- Training: Building skills, knowledge, and confidence
- Empowerment: Removing barriers so that people are better able to educate, influence, and benefit the community
Projects can include (but are not limited to):
- The Arts: Culinary Arts, Dance, Digital Arts, Fine Art, Film, Music, Theater, Photography, Sculpture
- Knowledge Building: Awareness Initiatives, Cultural Promotion, Education, Employment Initiatives, Nonprofit Social Enterprises
- Skills: Community Gardens, Electronics, Metal Working, Technology, Wood Working, Workshops
GrantWatch ID#: 155878
A SOUP grant is a one-time gift payment made up of the night’s proceeds. The grant award amount varies based on the number of people who attend the event and the amount donated by attendees at the door.
The Summer SOUP Grant is boosted by $500.
USA: Ohio: Columbus