Foundation / Corporation
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM) Foundation
Grants of up to $75,000 to Michigan medical and doctoral-level researchers who are based in hospitals, universities, and health care systems. Funding will be provided to eligible researchers for projects designed to improve the quality, cost, and accessibility of health care.
Grant applications will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- How much the project addresses health care concerns that affect Michigan residents. Applicants must document the significance of the problem, the anticipated effect of the project and the potential for widespread adoption of the results.
- The extent to which the proposed project contributes to new knowledge.
- The technical quality of the application including: clarity of the presentation, description of proposed research methods, how well the applicant explains the problem, suitability of proposed methods for research, and quality and availability of the data to be used.
GrantWatch ID#: 155901
The award offers up to $75,000 per grant.
If the grant is awarded, the Foundation agrees to fund projects for a period of one year. Subsequent years of funding, for multiple year requests, shall be reviewed and approved, annually.
- Applications are accepted from primary investigators with medical- or doctoral-level credentials based in hospitals, universities, and health care systems.
- Applicants must be based in Michigan and their organizations must be nonprofit.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan employees and their immediate family members are ineligible. Employees of any BCBSM affiliate and their immediate family members also are ineligible.
Potential grantees are encouraged to submit a concept paper (PDF attached below) to the email address listed below for feedback before submitting a full proposal.
Click on the links in the Supporting Documents section below to download the application (PDF) and terms and conditions (PDF) documents.
Applications are accepted at any time. However, they are reviewed three times per year at board meetings.
Applications accepted until:Dec. 8, 2017, March 9, 2018, June 29, 2018
Applications reviewed: April 18, 2018, July 18, 2018, Nov. 14, 2018
Applicants will receive an email with the funding decision within 10 business days of the board meetings.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit concept papers and completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.