Foundation / Corporation
Greater Milwaukee Foundation - West Bend Mutual Insurance Company Charitable Fund
Grants to greater West Bend area, Wisconsin nonprofit organizations to improve the lives of local residents. Funding may be requested for capital projects, new programs, or operating support. Priority is given to applications that address the focus areas of arts and culture, education, health and human services, community development, historic preservation, and family, youth, and the elderly.
Among the criteria which will be used in judging applications are the following:
- Clarity of the application and of the significance of the project to the West Bend area
- Capacity of the agency (governing body, staff, financing) to respond to the problem(s)
- New or expanded projects or programs
- Agencies where a West Bend Mutual Insurance Company associate is actively involved
In addition, the Fund encourages collaborative projects that improve organizational capacity of the participating agencies and which lead to enhanced community service. Collaborative projects may include:
- Sharing management, financial, informational technology, and other administrative functions or staff
- Joint purchasing of supplies, insurance and other products and services where quantity buying reduces costs and affords access
- Sharing facilities or co-locating offices
- Joint marketing, public relations and promotion activities
- Joint program planning, client outreach, and service delivery in common fields
- Joint fundraising efforts or events
GrantWatch ID#: 156027
Multiple-year projects may be made for capital projects or projects requiring several years of development.
Grants are made only to nonprofit organizations exempt from federal taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Standard and capital applications are open to all organizations. Annual support applications restricted to agencies authorized by fund advisors.
The Fund primarily awards grants to nonprofit organizations within the greater West Bend area or otherwise serving residents of the greater West Bend area.
The Fund does not ordinarily support:
- Sectarian religious purposes
- Debt reduction
- Governmental entities
- Campaigns to elect candidates
- Third party reimbursements
In addition, the Fund will normally not consider standard project applications that have been previously declined, unless expressly permitted by the Fund’s advisors.
- Feb. 12: Application available
- Apr. 27: Proposal deadline
- July 10: Meeting to make grant decisions
- July 23: Application available
- Sept. 22: Proposal deadline
- TBD: Meeting to make grant decisions
First time applicants must first create an organizational profile before receiving access to the grant application. Not to be confused with the application itself, the profile provides necessary general information about your agency that is not contained in the grant application.
Preview the application questions:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Create an organizational profile:
Log in and apply online:
For questions, contact:
Greater Milwaukee Foundation
101 W Pleasant St., Ste 210
Milwaukee, WI 53212
USA: Wisconsin: Greater West Bend Area