Foundation / Corporation
Sigma Delta Chi Foundation and Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ)
06/21/18 Midnight ET
Fellowship of $75,000 to a USA editorial writer or columnist to help broaden his or her knowledge of the world and journalistic horizons. Funding is intended to cover the cost of research, travel, and study in any field. The fellowship will result in the publishing of editorials and other writings, including books.
Funding is intended to enable a mid-career editorial writer or columnist to have time away from daily responsibilities for study and research.
The award allows the winner to:
- Take courses
- Pursue independent study
- Pursue other endeavors that enrich their knowledge of a public interest issue.
GrantWatch ID#: 156085
Work must be published within 18 months of receiving the fellowship.
To be eligible for a Pulliam fellowship, a candidate must:
- Hold a position as a part-time or full-time editorial writer or columnist at a news publication located in the United States. Applications also are welcome from freelance opinion writers who devote a majority of their time, or derive a majority of their income, from that pursuit.
- Have at least three years experience as an editorial writer or columnist.
- Demonstrate outstanding writing and analytical abilities.
- Secure assurances by the editor or publisher that the applicant will be allowed sufficient time to pursue the fellowship without jeopardizing employment. (Fellows do not have to leave their jobs.)
- Demonstrate ability and intent to publish work within 18 months of selection. (If selected, work must be published within 18 months of receiving the fellowship).
- All entries must be in English.
Deadline for entries: June 21, 2018, midnight ET.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit a nomination: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/30585201845957
Eugene S. Pulliam National Journalism Center
3909 N. Meridian St.
Indianapolis, IN 46208
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming