USA: New York City; New York
GrantRegions Object ( [regions] => Array ( ) [is_initialized] => [error_messages] => Array ( ) [qm] => QueryManager Object ( [is_debug] => [conn] => mysqli Object ( [affected_rows] => 0 [client_info] => mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 3591daad22de08524295e1bd073aceeff11e6579 $ [client_version] => 50012 [connect_errno] => 0 [connect_error] => [errno] => 0 [error] => [error_list] => Array ( ) [field_count] => 2 [host_info] => 172.16.38.157 via TCP/IP [info] => [insert_id] => 0 [server_info] => 5.5.5-10.5.18-MariaDB [server_version] => 100518 [stat] => Uptime: 2678114 Threads: 265 Questions: 459217699 Slow queries: 1057 Opens: 101910 Open tables: 274 Queries per second avg: 171.470 [sqlstate] => 00000 [protocol_version] => 10 [thread_id] => 74053450 [warning_count] => 0 ) ) [has_regions] => 1 [state_names] => Array (  => New York;  => New York City; ) [province_names] => Array ( ) [country_names] => Array ( ) [is_israel] => [territories] => Array ( ) [free_associations] => Array ( ) )
Grants to New York cities, towns, villages, and counties for revitalization projects along coastal areas and designated water inlets. Funding is intended to support the preparation or implementation of waterfront and community revitalization projects through the following categories:
- Preparing or Updating a Local Waterfront Revitalization Program (LWRP)
- Preparing an LWRP Component, including a Watershed Management Plan
- Updating an LWRP to Mitigate Future Physical Climate Risks
- Implementing a Local Waterfront Revitalization Program or a completed LWRP Component
The Department is making approximately $15 million available to fund applications for the Local Waterfront Revitalization Program grants, with up to $2 million of this for updates to existing LWRPs to mitigate future physical climate risks. Approximately $9 million of this will be awarded for projects which are in, or primarily serve, areas where demographic and other relevant data demonstrate that the areas are:
- Densely-populated and have sustained physical deterioration, decay, neglect, or disinvestment; or
- Where a substantial proportion of the residential population is of low income, or is otherwise disadvantaged and is underserved with respect to the existing recreational opportunities
Requirements for Implementation and Construction Projects:
Estimated Total Program Funding:
Estimated Size of Grant:
A contract period will not exceed five years.
The earliest start date of contracts is April 1, 2019. Upon request by the grant recipient, with a showing of good cause, the contract start date may be set to a date in the future not to exceed 12 months beyond the contract execution date.