Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation for a Greater Richmond - The Fund for Animal Welfare
07/18/19 4:30 PM
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 to Virginia nonprofit organizations for the provision of medical services, shelter, and care to animals. Eligible organizations may apply for operational, capital, or capacity grants to benefit the communities of Chesterfield, Richmond, Henrico, Hanover, Hopewell, Petersburg, Colonial Heights, Goochland, and Powhatan.
Funding supports activities and expenses that include:
- Spay and neuter facilities, outreach efforts and/or education programs
- No-kill animal shelter/adoption programs
- Education and outreach programs for cat and dog owners
- Support for cats and dogs owned by low-income or elderly residents
- Training or placing companion animals for people with mobility or therapeutic needs.
- Training for staff and/or volunteers
- Improving fundraising or financial management
- Expanding services and programs
- Developing and implementing business or strategic plans
- Improving board operations.
- Improving the physical space.
The Community Foundation gives preference to proposals that:
- Have clearly defined targets or goals and a practical strategy to measure progress
- Have the greatest potential to positively impact the community or the organization
- Partner or collaborate with other animal welfare nonprofits or government agencies
- Include other sources of funding to support the proposed work
GrantWatch ID#: 156141
Typical grant awards will range between $5,000 - $25,000.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=tcfrichmond&
Community Foundation for a Greater Richmond
3409 Moore Street
Richmond, VA 23230
Phone: (804) 330-7400
Fax: (804) 330-5992
USA: Virginia: Richmond, Chesterfield, Hanover, Henrico, Petersburg, Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Goochland, and Powhatan