Grants to Quebec artists' groups to support the production of original Quebec works and original performances. The grant aims to support artistic excellence in theater and creative renewal; foster the integration of young Quebec artists and performers into a professional setting; and develop and heighten audience awareness.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
Support is intended for professional theater creation and production organizations (adult theatre, children's and young people's theatre) and artists' groups that create, produce and promote specific performances.
The organization is recognized as a producer when it assumes the artistic management and the cost of designing, rehearsing and presenting the performances.
The organization must hire professional actors and professional designers in its discipline; the artists' group must ensure that the majority of its members are working in the theatre sector as professional actors, designers or recognized interveners.
The program is not open to:
- An organization that receives an operating grant.
- An organization that presents most of its activities free of charge.
- A single copy of the application file must be submitted on 21.6 cm x 27.9 cm (8 ½ inch x 11 inch) paper
- To facilitate photocopying, do not staple, bind or print the documents on both sides of the page
- Use double spacing and at least 11-point type to complete the section
- Supporting documents will be returned to the applicant’s address as indicated below and on the application form.
Applicants should include:
-Copy of the registration in the case of an artists’ group registered (ASS).
- Manuscript, synopsis or script, if applicable.
- Press kit.
- A copy of the letter of agreement binding the artists’ group or the artist to its production and dissemination partners.
- Curriculum vitae of the artist (maximum 3 pages), choreographer, or artistic members of an artists’ group involved in the project (if necessary).
Additional supporting documents to be submitted with the application:
- One copy of a recent work on DVD. The documents must be identified with the applicant’s name. Viewing notes facilitate the evaluation committee’s work.