Foundation / Corporation
Guam Council on the Arts and Humanities Agency (GCAHA)
07/31/20 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $10,000 to Guam nonprofit organizations, IHEs, and individuals and fellowships of up to $3,000 to artists to promote the arts and humanities. Preferences include distance learning during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis and social justice-focused art projects.
1. General Operational Support Grants - offer general, non-project-oriented support to Guam’s established arts organizations that have already developed a full range of programming and staff appropriate to their discipline.
2. Project Grants - Project grants are available to incorporated non-profit organizations and individuals for specific Art-related projects in the following discipline areas: Art-in-Education, Performing Arts (theatre, dance, music), Visual Arts, Media Arts, Special Projects (humanities, community arts, literature, etc.), Folk Arts, and Underserved.
3. Arts-in-Education Grants - places professional artists who work in various art forms in Guam’s educational institutions and other community-based settings for residencies.
4. Individual Artists' Fellowships - seeks to recognize and encourage the creative development of professional artists by enabling them to set aside time to pursue their work. A limited number of fellowships for creative artists are available in various disciplines.
For more details on grant categories, see: https://1066a719-519a-4a65-93da-a2091e526c92.filesusr.com/ugd/850b83_4a9b2b74bed84cbaa7a5aba0cd933660.pdf#page=6
CAHA will accept grant applications outside of these areas but projects that fall within these grant lines will be given preference.
For more information on grant projects, see: https://1066a719-519a-4a65-93da-a2091e526c92.filesusr.com/ugd/850b83_4a9b2b74bed84cbaa7a5aba0cd933660.pdf#page=8
GrantWatch ID#: 157447
Maximum grant amount request is $10,000.
The maximum amount for a fellowship is $3,000. Fellowships are available for:
- Emerging Professional (Career time requirement: 0-3 years) $ 500 – 1,000
- Individual Fellow (Career time requirement: 3-5 years) $1,500 – 2,000
- Distinguished Fellow (Career time requirement: 5 years+) $2,500 – 3,000
All grants are made on a yearly basis and new applications must be submitted each year. Projects must be completed by grantees within the fiscal period (October 1, 2020 through September 30, 2021) unless extended by the Council.
Fellowship project period: October 1, 2020 – September 30, 2021
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA Territories: Guam (USA)
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA, Canada, and International independent filmmakers for feature-length film projects. Funding is intended to support projects at any production phase from development through post-production. Priority will be given to applications from early career and emerg
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grant of $9,000 to a USA, Canada, or International early-career psychologist for child psychology research projects. The purpose of the program is for research and demonstration projects that foster an understanding of the relationship between self-identity and scholast
Fellowships to USA, Canada, and International researchers for research on reproductive biology in mammals and its relation to fertility regulation. Eligible expenses include fringes, institutional overhead, and stipends. Funding is intended to support early-career resea
Fellowships of $45,000 per year to USA, Canada, and International nonprofit educational institutions for postdoctoral research programs on Fragile X syndrome. A letter of intent is required prior to submitting a full proposal. The program aims to advance studies that se
Fellowships to USA, Canada, and International PhD, MD, and postdoctoral researchers working in a USA lab for cancer research projects. Emphasis is placed on projects addressing causes and/or treatment. Funding is intended to support young promising scientists at a criti
Fellowships to USA, Canada, and International PhD researchers to pursue long-term research projects in any discipline. Funding is intended to give exceptional researchers a platform to engage in dialogue on cultural, social, economic, or political issues relevant to the
Grants of $3,000 and in-kind support to USA libraries in small and rural communities to address community issues, including the Coronavirus. The goal of the program is to prepare library workers for the expanding role of libraries. Funding is intended to assist librarie
Grants of up to $750 to USA and territories music teachers for professional development activities. Funding is intended to support private and public studies and projects to help increase the applicant's teaching and performing skills. Eligible uses of funds include act