Foundation / Corporation
Guam Council on the Arts and Humanities Agency (GCAHA)
07/31/20 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $10,000 to Guam nonprofit organizations, IHEs, and individuals and fellowships of up to $3,000 to artists to promote the arts and humanities. Preferences include distance learning during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis and social justice-focused art projects.
1. General Operational Support Grants - offer general, non-project-oriented support to Guam’s established arts organizations that have already developed a full range of programming and staff appropriate to their discipline.
2. Project Grants - Project grants are available to incorporated non-profit organizations and individuals for specific Art-related projects in the following discipline areas: Art-in-Education, Performing Arts (theatre, dance, music), Visual Arts, Media Arts, Special Projects (humanities, community arts, literature, etc.), Folk Arts, and Underserved.
3. Arts-in-Education Grants - places professional artists who work in various art forms in Guam’s educational institutions and other community-based settings for residencies.
4. Individual Artists' Fellowships - seeks to recognize and encourage the creative development of professional artists by enabling them to set aside time to pursue their work. A limited number of fellowships for creative artists are available in various disciplines.
For more details on grant categories, see: https://1066a719-519a-4a65-93da-a2091e526c92.filesusr.com/ugd/850b83_4a9b2b74bed84cbaa7a5aba0cd933660.pdf#page=6
CAHA will accept grant applications outside of these areas but projects that fall within these grant lines will be given preference.
For more information on grant projects, see: https://1066a719-519a-4a65-93da-a2091e526c92.filesusr.com/ugd/850b83_4a9b2b74bed84cbaa7a5aba0cd933660.pdf#page=8
GrantWatch ID#: 157447
Maximum grant amount request is $10,000.
The maximum amount for a fellowship is $3,000. Fellowships are available for:
- Emerging Professional (Career time requirement: 0-3 years) $ 500 – 1,000
- Individual Fellow (Career time requirement: 3-5 years) $1,500 – 2,000
- Distinguished Fellow (Career time requirement: 5 years+) $2,500 – 3,000
All grants are made on a yearly basis and new applications must be submitted each year. Projects must be completed by grantees within the fiscal period (October 1, 2020 through September 30, 2021) unless extended by the Council.
Fellowship project period: October 1, 2020 – September 30, 2021
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA Territories: Guam (USA)
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grants of up to $5,000 to USA, Canada, and International individuals for research to benefit the health and safety of children and youth. Funding is intended to support research by graduate students and faculty affiliated with an educational or charitable nonprofit inst
In-kind donations to USA and territories nonprofit organizations and local government agencies that are interested in receiving surplus property no longer needed by the federal government. This program distributes property of all types, with the exception of federal gov
Grants to USA and territories nonprofits, Indian Tribes, IHEs, and state and local governments to create and implement community-based projects that utilize volunteer workers. Funding is intended for programs, involving volunteers ages 55 and older, within the focus are
Grants to USA and territories nonprofit, governmental, and school-based libraries to improve library and archive services. Applicants must submit a preliminary proposal prior to the full application and are advised that required registrations may take several weeks to c
Grants to USA and territories agencies, nonprofits, IHEs, and commercial organizations for the assessment, prevention, and removal of waste and debris in marine environments. Applicants must submit an LOI prior to submitting a full proposal. Applicants are advised that
Grant to a USA, Canada, or International librarian or library employee to cover expenses related to attending a professional conference. Eligible applicants are those that are new to the field of archives preservation. Funding is intended to subsidize the costs required
Fellowships to USA and Canada individual scholars, writers, artists, and scientists in advanced stages of their career to support work in various fields. Funding is intended for professionals with a significant record of publication, exhibition, or performance who have
Grants to USA and territories IHEs and nonprofit nonacademic institutions to promote participation and educational outcomes in geoscience-related disciplines. Applicants must submit an LOI prior to applying. Funding is intended to increase the number of students pursuin