Foundation / Corporation
Grants to USA K-12 public school teachers to support innovative educational projects that have the potential to prepare students for the future and make a lasting impact on the community. Teachers will enter this contest with their ideas and compete for grants during a public voting period in October 2018.
Previously funded programs include an outdoor learning center, an accessible playground for students with special needs, and a student mentorship program with local business leaders.
During the Judging Period, the Sponsor will review the proposals and judge the proposals based on the following criteria: (1) Creativity, (2) Economic Need and (3) Community Impact.
Winner will not be receiving any cash or cash equivalent value. The $100,000 Prize will be paid in the Winner's name directly to a qualifying 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization as designated and set forth in the winning Proposal and approved by the Sponsor.
GrantWatch ID#: 157473
The top five (5) Proposals who receive the most votes will be declared the Winners.
Each Winner will be awarded a $100,000 grant.
The Contest is open to full-time, employed School (as herein after defined), Kindergarten (K) through Twelfth (12th) Grade, who have been officially thanked at www.thankamericasteachers.com, who have not been a “Dream Big Teacher Challenge” Contest Winner, who are legal residents of the United States, excluding where otherwise prohibited by law, rule or regulation, which are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry.
As used in these contest rules, “School” means: (a) a publicly funded or private daytime school (b) that has education of individuals under college age as its primary purpose, (c) in which students attend on a full time basis, and (d) that is organized according to a grade or grades K-12, and maintained for a grade or grades, K-12. K-12” means kindergarten and grades 1 through 12.
- Contest Entry Period: January 10, 2018 through May 30, 2018 (Contestants submit written proposals ("Entry" or "Proposal") during this period);
- Judging Period: June 1, 2018 through September 28, 2018 (Sponsor will review and judge the Entries and narrow the field down to the Top 15 Entries/Proposals and notify the Top 15 ("Finalists"));
- Voting Period: October 1, 2018 through October 31, 2018 (The Finalist Entries will be posted online at www.thankamericasteachers.com and the general public can vote for their favorite Entry during ths period).
- Vote Results Period: November 1, 2018 through November 23, 2018 (Sponsor will review vote totals and verify winners)
Steps to Submit a Proposal:
- Applicants must make sure they've received a thank you through Thank America’s Teachers. (Applicants can even thank yourself.)
- Review the contest rules and eligibility requirements for any questions.
- Fill out the form on the URL For Full Text link below.
- Download the full proposal form by clicking on the “Download Proposal Form” button.
- Complete all the proposal form sections.
- Submit the entry by email to Thank America’s Teachers as described on the form by May 30, 2018.
How to Submit a Thank You:
Past Grant Winners:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To Submit a Thank You:
To apply see the the form on the URL For Full Text link below.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming