Foundation / Corporation
Minnesota Council on the Teaching of Languages and Cultures (MCTLC)
Award to a Minnesota individual teacher to recognize outstanding contribution to language and culture education. The selected teacher will go on for consideration in the regional and national competition pools. The purpose of this program is to recognize the extraordinary contributions of language teachers.
This award represents the first step for the Teacher of the Year Award at the national level as awarded by ACTFL (American Council of Teachers of Languages and Cultures). The Minnesota winner will be nominated to the Central States Teacher of the Year selection process. If the Minnesota winner is chosen as one of five regional finalists, he/she will proceed to the national competition.
GrantWatch ID#: 157535
Minnesota language teachers are eligible for nomination.
Anyone interested in earning this award should familiarize themselves with the portfolio requirements at the regional level which can be found HERE:
In order to be considered for this award at the state level, the following documents are required:
1. Letter of Nomination and Recommendation submitted by a representative of the state organization. This can be downloaded from the ACTFL Teacher of the Year website.
2. Letter of recommendation from an administrator.
3. Letter of recommendation from a current or former parent or student.
4. Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae of no more than five pages.
5. A 500 word first-person statement on the value of learning language and culture. Sample statements can be found on the ACTFL website.
6. A letter of commitment to complete and submit all items required for the final portfolio to the regional committee by December 15.
Completion of the nomination form is the first step. Please complete your nomination by emailing the requested supporting documents by June 15.
If your nominee is selected, your assistance may be requested in the awardee's attendance at the Annual Awards Banquet in October. Details shall be communicated in September via email.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.