Foundation / Corporation
Norwegian Centre for International Cooperation in Education (SIU)
09/22/17 15:00 Norwegian time
Grants to USA, Canada, and Norway institutions of higher education for collaborations and joint projects to strengthen and promote international cooperation. Projects can include joint educational activities and student exchange programs. Partnerships involving cooperation with enterprises in the public or private sector are encouraged.
Activities can include all higher educational levels (Bachelor, Master and PhD), all disciplines, and multi-discipline projects. The project may include funds for salaries and indirect expenses (including administration and overhead), limited to 10 percent of the total allocation. The funds may be shared between the partner institutions.
The list below illustrates typical activities, but is not exhaustive:
- Project development: International project meetings; Joint development of subjects, curriculums, courses, and degrees; Development of new teaching materials and methods, including digital content and tools; Dissemination activities
- Implementation of cooperation between higher educational institutions: Student mobility; Student involvement in research- or project activities; Joint lecturing and supervision, including guest lecturing; Joint student projects; Intensive courses, field courses, and summer schools; Workshops and seminars; Courses, training, and study visits for academic and administrative staff
- Implementation of cooperation with enterprises in public or private sector: Student work practice, internships, or trainee arrangements; Facilitation of student involvement in R&D projects and/or involvement in enterprises through student projects; Facilitation of student entrepreneurship or innovation projects; Guest lecturing, workshops, and seminars that involve lecturers, supervisors, or advisors from enterprises
The program shall lead to establishment and strengthening of partnerships between higher education institutions in Norway and the partner countries, through:
- Development and implementation of joint educational activities;
- Increased mobility of students between Norway and the partner countries, including mobility in connection with internships/work placements;
- Increased integration of higher education and research in the collaboration between Norway and partner countries;
- Increased involvement of non-academic partners (industry, companies, organizations, etc.) in relevant project activities.
GrantWatch ID#: 157547
Each project may be awarded up to 300,000 Norwegian kroner.
The call is open to two-year project cooperation, with a project period from 1 January 2018 to 31 December 2019.
- Main partner in Norway: Must be an accredited Norwegian institution for higher education or an institution with accredited higher educational programs.
- Main partner outside Norway: Must be an accredited Institution for higher education, public or private, in USA or Canada, which offer accredited education on the same level as the Norwegian applicant institution
- Network partners can be involved: At least 50% of the allocations will be given to projects involving network partners from public or private enterprises
- Letter of commitment from main partner institution outside Norway must be attached. This to document interest and commitment to the partnership from the leadership level in the partner institution. If the application involves network partners from enterprises, the application must also include a letter of commitment from these
- Application must be complete (with attachments), be written in English and be delivered online through SIU's online system for application and reporting (Espresso) within the application deadline
- Applications lacking any of these requirements will be rejected
Please note that investment in scientific equipment and infrastructure is not an eligible cost and may not be included in the application. The same applies to costs related to research
activities not clearly linked to educational activities.
About the program:
Application deadline: 22.09.2017
Announcement date: 10.03.2017
The applications should be prepared jointly by the applicant institution in Norway and the partner institution(s). Applications must be submitted by the main partner institution in Norway.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.