Foundation / Corporation
Arts Council of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County
04/05/19 5:00 PM
Grants to North Carolina artists and small unincorporated groups of collaborating artists working in Davidson, Surry, Davie, Stokes, Forsyth, or Yadkin County for career-advancing projects. Funding will be provided for projects in the following disciplines: choreography and dance, literature and playwriting, music composition, film and video, and visual art and craft.
- Completion/Production of New Work - examples: the cost of purchasing materials to complete a new work or the cost of renting a facility for the presentation of new work
- Career Promotion - examples: demonstration CDs, portfolios, editorial assistance, websites.
- Equipment - the cost of purchasing equipment to complete the proposed project.
- Training - examples: advanced study, coaching, residencies, or workshops that will enhance the applicant’s abilities.
- Travel - examples: costs for transportation, lodging, and food associated with training, workshops, seminars, or research.
GrantWatch ID#: 157728
Project Period: June 1 – December 31, 2019 (Grant funds cannot be spent prior to this period.)
- Individual artists and small, unincorporated groups of collaborating artists in all disciplines are eligible to apply (each member of the group of artists applying for the grant must meet all of the eligibility requirements).
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and a USA citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicants must be permanent residents of the region (ie. who have resided there for a minimum of twelve months immediately preceding the submission deadline) in one of the following counties Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Stokes, Surry, or Yadkin.
- Applicants and recipients may not enroll in, or be currently enrolled in, an undergraduate or graduate degree-granting program during the time their funded project is in progress.
- Artists on the board or staff on The Arts Council of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County or one of the partner arts councils or artists who received a Regional Artist Project Grant within the last 3 fiscal years (2015-2016, 2016-2017, 2017-2018) are not eligible to apply.
Note: Grants may not be used as scholarships to assist in obtaining academic or professional degrees.
Online or Join by Phone Information Session: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 at 12 pm
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/742668299
One tap mobile:
+16465588656,,742668299# US (New York)
Dial by your location:
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 720 707 2699 US
Meeting ID: 742 668 299
Application Deadline: Friday, April 5, 2019 by 5:00 pm
Review of Application: April/May 2019
Board Approval: May 15, 2019
Award Notification: By May 17, 2019
Applicants are strongly encouraged to review their application with the Grant Program Manager (see Contact Information below).
View the Online Information Session (Highly suggested for all applicants): https://youtu.be/yNYppPQG81A
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For questions, contact Dara Silver, Grant Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-747-1426.
Applications and support materials must be emailed to Dara Silver at the above email address.
USA: North Carolina: Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Stokes, Surry, and Yadkin Counties