Foundation / Corporation
Greater New Orleans Foundation - Pratt-Stanton Manor Fund
07/17/17 11:59 PM
Grants of up to $40,000 to New Orleans area, Louisiana nonprofits for programs, projects, and capital support to organizations that seek to improve the quality of life for seniors. Eligible organizations are those that strive to help older adults live meaningful, dignified, and independent lives.
Priority will be given to organizations that are working to:
- Serve older adults, especially those living below the region’s median income level;
- Serve the frailest and most dysfunctional older adults who are living independently; and/or
- Address most basic needs, including food, housing, long-term care, activities for daily living, improving general quality of life, and delaying the onset of disability.
Funding is intended to support projects, programs, and capital requests that address the requirements necessary to keep older adults living independently. For the purposes of these grants, the Greater New Orleans area includes the surrounding parishes of Assumption, Jefferson, Lafourche, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Terrebonne, and Washington.
The following are examples of project or program needs:
- To provide informal caregiver support–initiatives that support the work of unpaid caregivers, including friends and family.
- To provide services and supports–basic needs and interventions designed to prevent or delay hospitalization.
- To promote economic security–initiatives that help older adults manage their resources, or connect with benefits available to them.
The following are examples of capital needs:
- To provide housing rehabilitation and repair services–home repairs and home modification programs designed to help older adults lead independent lives in their homes, or in independent care facilities.
- To provide capital support for residential care and community-based facilities–capital projects aimed at developing a friendly home-like environment, including senior centers, adult day programs, and other facilities that provide non-institutional setting.
GrantWatch ID#: 158150
Up to $40,000
If a grant is awarded, the grantee is required to submit final programmatic and financial reports outlining the use of grant funds and the impact of the grant on the older adults you serve via the online portal.
Nonprofit, tax-exempt organizations that serve the Greater New Orleans region are eligible to apply for funding. Organizations that are not tax-exempt but have a fiscal sponsor relationship with a 501(c)(3) organization are also eligible.
As a general rule, The Pratt-Stanton Manor Fund does not fund the ongoing operational expenses of an established nonprofit organization.
When to Apply:
Due Date: July 17, 2017
Decision in: August 2017
How to Apply:
The Pratt-Stanton Manor Fund accepts only electronic application submissions through the Foundation’s online portal. The Greater New Orleans Foundation’s technology partner, Foundant, has created a brief tutorial for applicants that may be viewed here: http://www.foundant.com/applicant-tutorial.php. It is highly recommended that all applicants review this video before beginning a new application in order to better understand the electronic submission process. Proposals that are not submitted electronically may not be considered.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online: https://www.grantinterface.com/Common/LogOn.aspx?eqs=3QVk173peTkdf68KZmYgsg2
Roy Williams, Grants Manager
919 St. Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70130
For a map of the service area: https://www.gnof.org/about-us/
USA: Louisiana: Greater New Orleans, including the surrounding parishes of Assumption, Jefferson, Lafourche, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Terrebonne, and Washington.