Foundation / Corporation
06/30/17 Noon EDT
Grants starting at $5,000 to USA nonprofit organizations for programs that will help women and girls explore and activate their leadership qualities. Programs should bring about self-discovery and personal transformation, help women and girls trust their intuition and access their inner strength, and address any phase of a woman's or girl's life. Funding may be used for general operating support as well.
In 2017, the grant program focus will be "Leading for Impact."
Strong applications for the grant are able to demonstrate that the applying organization and/or program:
- Has an innovative, holistic, effective and direct approach to activating leadership among women and/or girls
- Forms partnerships with other community organizations for deeper impact
- Demonstrates the long-term viability of the organization
- Shows a clear need and plan for the funds
- Demonstrates a long-term commitment to their work
- Aligns with the EILEEN FISHER company mission and leadership practices
GrantWatch ID#: 158350
EILEEN FISHER offers grants of $5,000 or more.
The Activating Leadership Grant is open to all 501(c)(3) nonprofits with a program that they feel fits the grant’s overall theme and annual focus, regardless of development stage of program or organization. Organizations that have previously been funded through an EILEEN FISHER grant are eligible to reapply each year to receive continued or new funding provided they meet all eligibility criteria. Funding may be used for general support.
Programs not eligible for the grant include:
- Date-specific events (please see our Community Partnerships Grant)
- Promotion of a specific political party or religious view
- International organizations that are not registered as a 501(c)(3) and/or do not have a 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor
A link to the application will be available on the URL for Full Text page below during the open application period.
The annual selection process is led by the Social Consciousness Team and an internal employee committee. Exact dates are tentative and may vary depending on circumstances of each year.
- June 1, 2017: Application opens.
- Summer: Eligible applications are reviewed by a committee of EILEEN FISHER employees.
- Fall: Finalists are selected and all applicants are notified of their status. Finalists are asked to fill out the second stage of the application as well as to participate in a one-hour interview. All interviews will be conducted by phone.
- Late fall/early winter: Grant recipients are selected and all finalists are notified of their status.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
The 2017 online application process will open on June 1, 2017.
All applications must be received no later than noon EDT, June 30, 2017.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming