Parkland Valley Sport, Culture and Recreation District - Saskatchewan Lotteries
11/15/18 - Electronic or faxed receipt by midnight, or postmarked by date
Grants of up to $1,000 to Saskatchewan nonprofits, First Nations, and recreation boards in the Parkland Valley District for programs in recreation, culture, sports, and healthy living. Priority will be given to applicants that have not previously received funding.
This program strives to create opportunities for citizens to engage in:
- Recreational experiences for well-being,
- Cultural and/or creative inquiry projects,
- Sport development projects, and
- Healthy active living and/or physical activity initiatives.
Examples of eligible expenditures include:
- Contracted instructors, presenters, performers, etc.
- Supplies (specific itemized supplies in the budget expense table) for the program
- Advertising/promotion costs
- 25% of facility rental costs directly related to the project
GrantWatch ID#: 158781
Organizations can apply for up to $1,000 of funding. The amount of funding available is dependent on the number of applications received at the deadline date and eligible expenditures within individual applications.
Projects must end before March 31, 2019.
- Organizations eligible to apply include recreation boards, municipalities, First Nations and registered nonprofit organizations with a focus on sport, culture, and recreation. (These organizations assume the liability of the project and own any equipment purchased through the grant.)
- Organizations applying must exist within the Parkland Valley District boundaries.
- Organizations that have overdue follow-up reports within the lottery funded system are ineligible to apply.
Examples of ineligible expenditures include:
- Prizes, trophies, medals
- Personal equipment or items
- League fees
- Food and food supplies for catering
- Liquor and liquor related expenses
- Property taxes, insurance, utilities
- Expendable equipment such as fireworks
- Subsidization of wages & honorariums for employees or staff
- Per diems
- Out of province activities & travel
- Capital expenditures, assistance for the construction, renovation or repair of capital facility projects such as arenas, pool, parks, athletic fields, trails, buildings, grounds, etc.
- Activities based at school that occur during regular school hours
- Competition events
Application deadlines: April 15, June 15, September 15 and November 15, 2018.
Submissions must be postmarked on the deadline, accepted electronically or by fax by midnight of the deadline date.
Applicants can only submit one application per deadline.
Applicants will know the result of their application within 3 weeks of the deadline date.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please send completed application to:
Parkland Valley Sport, Culture & Recreation District
Yorkton, SK S3N 2V7
Parkland Valley District