Foundation / Corporation
Arts and Science Council (ASC)
Grants of up to $10,000 to Mecklenburg County, North Carolina nonprofit organizations, IHEs, and individuals, for arts, history, heritage, and science programming serving local audiences. Applicants must submit an LOI prior to submitting a full application.
Consideration will be given to high-quality programs that:
Build Community by:
- Connecting individuals across points of difference to increase understanding and acceptance and positive regard between our communities; and/or
- Nurturing, celebrating and supporting the authentic cultures and creative expression of historically under-invested populations.
Or Increase Relevance and Innovation by:
- Activating nontraditional performance or exhibition spaces close to where people live; and
- Providing groundbreaking or participatory experiences that reflect changing communities.
- Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to quality and clear intention toward at least one of the aforementioned objectives with capacity for success.
ASC is particularly interested in expending support to programs occurring in Charlotte/Mecklenburg communities north of I-85, along the South Boulevard, West Boulevard and Central Avenue corridors – as well as programs that engage communities in scientific and historic curiosity.
ASC funds can be used for program-related fees & contracts, marketing & advertising expenses, expendable supplies & materials, space rental, etc.
GrantWatch ID#: 158933
Grants of up to $10,000 will be awarded.
Projects must begin between January 1, 2020 and June 30, 2020. Funded projects must conclude by June 30, 2021.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Liz Fitzgerald, Program Director, Cultural & Community Investment
227 W. Trade Street, Suite 250
Charlotte, NC 28202
P: 704-333-2ASC (2272)
USA: North Carolina: Mecklenburg County