Foundation / Corporation
AASA, The School Superintendents Association
Awards of $1,000 to USA women for outstanding leadership in the field of education. Awards will recognize female superintendents, administrators, and other women in school leadership positions. Nominations and applications are accepted for the following three award categories:
- The Superintendent Award – awarded to any female superintendent.
- The Central Office/Principal Award – awarded to any female central office or building level leader. Equivalent job titles may include: assistant superintendent, central office administrator, school based principal/assistant principal.
- The School Driven Leadership Award – awarded to any female non superintendent/principal in a leadership role. Equivalent job titles may include: Guidance Chair, Supervisor etc.
Each candidate is judged on the following criteria:
- Leadership for Learning – Creativity in successfully meeting the needs of students in her school or district.
- Communication – Strength in both personal and organizational communication.
- Professionalism – Constant improvement of administrative knowledge and skills, while providing motivation to others on the education team.
- Community Involvement – Active participation in local community activities and an understanding of regional, national, and international issues.
GrantWatch ID#: 159056
- Each award recipient will receive $1,000 and a plaque.
- Each award recipient will receive travel and lodging for the AASA National Conference on Education.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming