Regional District of North Okanagan (RDNO)
04/30/19 - Funding will be allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis until funds are exhausted.
Grants to British Columbia nonprofit community groups and organizations serving the White Valley area to offset facility rental fees for community events and meetings. Consideration will be given to projects that benefit the overall community and support recreational activities at the local community level.
The project must take place within facilities or property under the jurisdiction of White Valley Parks, Recreation and Culture Advisory Committee.
White Valley Parks, Recreation and Culture provides financial grants to offset facility rental fees for community groups for two purposes:
1. To support local, not-for-profit community organizations that are operating community events that are organized primarily for the benefit and enjoyment of local residents and are accessible to the public with free or low-cost activities, and are located within White Valley Parks, Recreation and Culture facilities;
2. To support local, not-for-profit community organizations that provide a benefit to the community, through grants to offset facility fees associated with use of the White Valley Community Centre Meeting Room for the organization’s administrative meetings.
GrantWatch ID#: 159067
The April 27th deadline is for events taking place between June 30 and December 31 of this year.
The November 30, 2018 deadline is for events taking place between January 1 and December 31 of the following year
Applicants must be registered, not-for-profit organizations (or charities), in good-standing, and must be based in the White Valley service delivery area.
Grant applications will not be accepted from any group or organization that has outstanding obligations to the Regional District, or any of its partner municipalities, financial or otherwise.
Retroactive funding will not be considered. Retroactive funding is defined as funding of an event/meeting after it has commenced or is completed.
The following types of events are NOT eligible:
- Fundraising events
- Training, clinics, programs
- Conferences, seminars & symposiums
- Private events
- Political events
- Tradeshows / consumer shows
- Sport tournaments / meets
- Marketing initiatives
Application deadlines are:
- April 27th, 2018 at 4:30 pm (for events taking place between June 30 and December 31 of this year)
- November 30, 2018 at 4:30 pm (for events taking place between January 1 and December 31 of the following year)
Funding will be allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis assuming all other considerations are equal. This means that funding may be fully allocated by the April 30th deadline.
Grants to offset facility rental fees will generally be distributed by a credit applied against the rental fee. Cash grants will only occur where the organization has pre-paid the rental fee.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications can be mailed to:
Regional District of North Okanagan
Attention: Community Development Coordinator
9848 Aberdeen Road
Coldstream, BC V1B 2K9
Or emailed to: email@example.com
White Valley area
Canada: British Columbia