Boulder County Arts Alliance (BCAA) - Martha Kate Thomas Fund for Artists
11/15/18 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $3,000 to Boulder County, Colorado artists and organizations to address unanticipated needs. Eligible needs may include debilitating illness, loss of equipment and supplies, natural disaster, and accidents. Funding is intended to make the lives of the recipients a little easier during a challenging time.
Priority is given to applicants that are not eligible to file insurance claims or who may be eligible but coverage is inadequate to cover the loss.
Priority groups refers to individual artists or the founders/directors of organizations. The work of the artist or organization will also be taken into consideration as proposals are reviewed.
The funding priorities for the Martha Kate Thomas Fund for Artists have expanded to include artists and organizations that face systemic or historical inequities and so may require additional support in order for these barriers to be removed. In particular, emphasis is on the following priority groups:
- Artists of Color
- Artists with disabilities
- Indigenous artists
- New generation artists (18-30 years old)
Examples of needs that are eligible for grant assistance:
- Not able to work due to illness or a loved one’s illness
- Sudden increase in insurance costs (Grant proposal should address how the increased cost will be covered in the future.)
- Sudden increase in rent (the Fund could potentially grant to help cover one month’s rent, for example)
- Unable to pay entrance fees for a competition
- Loss of supplies due to theft, damage to studio, etc.
- Purchase a piece of equipment integral to on-going production of one’s art, for example a printer
- Modifying studio and/or repairs to supplies or tools, such as an instrument (modifications and/or repairs should improve safety, functionality, access, etc.)
GrantWatch ID#: 159225
Grant awards will not exceed $3000.
The project, purchase or request must take place within 18 months from the date the grant check is issued.
Organizations and individual artists must live or work in Boulder County. 501(c)(3) status is not required.
Individual artists must be at least 18 years old.
Visual artists, writers and poets, film/media or performing artists are among eligible applicants.
All applicants must be current with final reports from other grants received from BCAA.
Persons, organizations, and activities not funded:
- Organizations that practice discrimination of any kind
- Organizations that influence legislation or support candidates for political office
- Organizations that will use the grant money for prizes, scholarships or grants
- Artists or organizations that have received a Martha Kate Thomas grant in the previous year.
- Projects primarily for academic or scholarly purposes
- Deficit or debt elimination or endowments
- Projects that will be complete before funding cycle begins
Application deadlines are rolling.
The current deadline is November 15, 2018. Completed applications, must be submitted by 5:00 pm on the deadline date. The application will go offline at 5:01pm on the deadline date and can no longer be edited, downloaded or submitted at that point.
Completed applications consist of the online application and required supplemental material.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.bouldercountyarts.org/mypalette/forms/marthakatethomas/proposal
Boulder County Arts Alliance
2590 Walnut Street, Suite 9
Boulder, CO 80302
USA: Colorado: Boulder County