City of Thunder Bay - Recreation and Culture Division
10/04/19 4:30 PM for start-up costs; applications for assistance with bidding costs can be made anytime of year
Grants to Thunder Bay, Ontario nonprofit organizations to host events that will contribute to the local economy, develop sports, enhance volunteerism, and showcase community pride. Applicants should contact program staff prior to applying. Funding is intended to support local organizers seeking help with start-up costs associated with hosting or bidding for new and inaugural events as well as international, national, provincial, and regional championships.
- Special one-time event or Inaugural event
- Event is regional, provincial, national, international in scope
- Event will attract spectators/participants from out-of-town
- Event is a championship, tournament, festival or sporting in nature
- Expenses related to event bid preparation and presentation. I.e. Travel (airfare, mileage @ .30¢/ km, ground transportation), printing of bid documents, or bid fees.
- Bond or holding fees required to secure an event once a bid has been won.
- Start-up costs for organizing committees to begin the process of planning; including sponsorship campaigns, volunteer recruitment, and training or marketing.
- Legacy items that be used for other events
- Costs associated with the contract of professional services or the lease of office equipment.
- To lever for additional/matching funding from other sources, i.e., public or private sectors.
- Associated expenses related to staging the event.
GrantWatch ID#: 159233
- The March 15, 2019 deadline is for events taking place after March 16, 2019
- The October 4, 2019 deadline is for events taking place after October 5, 2019
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Paul Burke, Sports and Community Development Supervisor
Recreation & Culture Division
Pool 6 Building, 53 Water St. S.
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 2S5
Telephone: (807) 625-2305
City of Thunder Bay
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA, Canada, and International independent filmmakers for feature-length documentary films in development stage to post-production. Funding is intended to support independent, nonfiction films that demonstrate effective storytelling, feasibility and originalit
Grant of $9,500 to a USA, Canada, or International graduate psychology student for research and demonstration projects that foster understanding of the relationship between self-identity and scholastic achievement, primarily for children in kindergarten through eighth g
Grants ranging from $750 to $2,500 to Canada nonprofit organizations and individuals for programs that promote outdoor safety and encourage youth and outdoor leaders to avoid outdoor risks. Funds may be used to train and educate youth and outdoor leaders on risk avoidan
Grants of up to $20,000 and capital grants up to $50,000 to Ontario nonprofits for programs in the areas of health, education, and spiritual care that benefit youth and seniors in the London/Middlesex area. Proposals must demonstrate creative development of new programs
Grants of up to $1,000 to USA and Canada animal shelters, rescue agencies, and individuals to assist with costs of urgent medical care for animals that are injured, abused, or neglected. Funding is intended to relieve financial strain, help animals recover, and eventual
Grants starting at $10,000 to USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations for environmental sustainability initiatives to improve ocean health. Funding is intended to support innovative projects that meet challenges faced by the marine and sailing industries.
Grants to Ontario, Canada organizations, businesses, schools, and institutions in Toronto to install eco-roofs on new and existing residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional buildings. An eco-roof may be either a green roof that supports vegetation, or a coo
Grants ranging from $1,500 to $2,500 to USA, Canada, and International organizations for community-based chamber music education programs. Funding is intended for programs that make it possible for students to experience chamber music for the first time and for adult pl
Grants to Canada nonprofit organizations for programs or projects that will benefit, improve, and develop Candian society. Funding will be awarded to programs in the areas of arts and culture, education, environment, medical, and social services. Innovation is consider