Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC) - Agawam Cultural Council (ACC)
10/15/17 - Because the date falls on the weekend, the deadline is pushed back to Monday, October 16, 2017
Grants totaling $11,600 to Agawam, Massachusetts individuals, nonprofits, agencies, and schools for a variety of fine arts and humanities projects and activities. Projects can include festivals, exhibits, short-term artist residencies, or performances, workshops, and lectures in schools.
The Big Yellow School Bus
The Big Yellow School Bus program from the MCC provides $200 grants to help schools meet the transportation costs of educational field trips to cultural institutions and activities in Massachusetts. Schools are eligible for only one BYSB grant per school year.
GrantWatch ID#: 159335
Applicants may apply for grants for programs that take place during an 18 month window of eligibility between July 1, preceding the application deadline in October, through December 31 of the following year.
Applicants must have a local partner or venue in Agawam. A partial list of possible sponsoring venues in Agawam can be found in the attached PDF.
Applicants must reside in Massachusetts and should have been engaged in the kind of activity for which funds are requested for at least one year. Anyone included in the list below may apply:
- Individuals. Individual applicants must show that a public benefit results from the project for which they are applying.
- Incorporated private nonprofit organizations.
- Unincorporated associations that can establish a nonprofit objective. A group of individuals coming together with a common purpose (e.g., local community band, theater group) that do not have nonprofit status.
- Public schools, libraries, other municipal agencies and the local cultural council itself.
- Religious organizations. Religious organizations or groups with a religious affiliation are eligible to apply for funding of cultural programming that is available to the general public. LCCs can only approve applications that are primarily cultural in their intent and do not have the effect of advancing religion.
The Agawam Cultural Council will also entertain grant requests from schools and youth groups to cover ticket and transportation costs of field trips for school-age children.
Refreshments: Grant funds received from a Local Cultural Council may not be used to purchase food or beverages.
Scholarships: Although individual students are not eligible to apply for scholarships, an organization may apply to an LCC to sponsor a scholarship provided the Local Cultural Council feels the scholarship program provides sufficient public benefit and meets all other state and local criteria.
All applicants must submit completed applications by the statewide deadline, generally on October 15. Because October 15 falls on a weekend or holiday, the statewide deadline is the Monday immediately following October 15 - Monday, October 16, 2017.
Online applications become available September 1, 2017, and must be submitted by no later than Monday, October 16, 2017.
Currently, the MCC is considering requests for Field Trip grants to be the same as all other Grant types, and has not created a separate application for them at this time.
If approved for a grant, the grantee expends their own money on the project. Once the project is complete, the grantee submits paperwork for reimbursement to the LCC that approved their grant.
Application Guidelines for Local Cultural Councils: https://www.mass-culture.org/lcc_public_applicant_guidelines.aspx
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Massachusetts: Agawam