Foundation / Corporation
Sport Nova Scotia
Grants of up to $35,000 to Nova Scotia provincial sport organizations to hire coaches. Individuals employed in these positions will serve as technical development leaders and provincial coaches on behalf of their organizations. Evaluation criteria for program funding includes history of team and athlete performance, athlete development implementation, coach plan, and potential to produce national and international level athletes.
The Support4Sport- Technical Leadership Employment Program provides funding for PSOs to support new investments in full-time coaching for their organizations.
Criteria for funding from this program will include the following:
1. Minimum Sport Development Tool scoring requirements through Technical Leadership Employment Scorecard.
2. Sport Development Tool tiering and scoring.
3. Provincial and Organization Long Term Athlete Development implementation.
4. Coach Plan - Ability of the position to impact the plan.
5. Technical support for plan design and delivery (e.g. who is responsible for delivery, what are their qualifications).
6. Historical athlete/team performance (Excellence pillar for Coaches)
7. Potential to produce national and international level athletes (Excellence pillar for Coaches).
8. Budget including amount of Provincial Sport Organization's financial contribution to the position and operational expenses.
Evaluations of programs receiving funding for coach employment will be based on agreed upon measures of the plan and an examination of the criteria listed above.
GrantWatch ID#: 159609
Funding contributions for full time Technical Directors or coaches of up to $35,000 will be available.
Part time positions will receive support of $16,250.
Funding commitments will be for three years, with the exception of the first allocations, which may be extended by up to six months.
Grants are provided to Provincial Sport Organizations (PSOs).
The Support4Sport program provides funds for sport in Nova Scotia.
The Application Deadline is November 30, 2018. The deadline for submitting applications will be strictly adhered to. All applicants can confirm receipt of the application through the URL provided. All applicants will be notified by email within five business days of the allocation committee's decision(s).
Persons with barriers to applying online should please contact the Support4Sport Coordinator.
Full time positions funded through this program will have a minimum base salary requirement of $45,000 plus $2,500 as a salary RRSP option. PSOs are responsible for all costs including MERC (mandatory employee related costs such as CPP, EI and 4% vacation pay if applicable) above the $35,000 financial commitment from the Support4Sport program. For part time positions (which receive support of $16,250 from the Support4Sport program), the PSO is required to contribute to meet a minimum base salary of $22,500 plus $1,250 as salary or RRSP contribution.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For the online application portal:
Kaitlin McCoombs, Support4Sport Coordinator
902-425-5450, ext. 372
Sport Nova Scotia
5516 Spring Garden Rd., 4th Floor
Fax: (902) 425 - 5606
Canada: Nova Scotia