Foundation / Corporation
Licking County Foundation (LCF)
10/27/17 5:00 PM
Grants generally ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 to Licking County, Ohio nonprofits, faith-based organizations and schools for a wide variety of civic, economic, health, social, education, youth, arts, and other programs. August 21, 2017 is the deadline for a letter of intent.
More details of program areas are as follows:
- Arts and Culture: Programs and activities that reach out to underserved populations, and strengthen and support local arts organizations.
- Community & Economic Development: Programs and activities that enhance and improve the economic vitality of the community; and create a more diverse, inclusive and tolerant community.
- Education: Early education and care; language and reading readiness; keeping children in school; family literacy/adult education; and professional development for teachers.
- Environment: Community-focused parks and greenspaces; recreational trails; stewardship of natural resources.
- Health: Access to care; early screening and referral; mental/physical disabilities; teen pregnancy, prenatal care and education; fitness and nutrition.
- Human Services/Strengthening Families & Supporting Youth: Services for children and families living in poverty; services to elderly in need; prevention of child abuse and neglect; parenting resources; access to quality child care; prevention of substance abuse.
- Supportive Communities: Safe, livable communities; advocacy for the poor and underserved; shelter/housing; transportation; access to emergency assistance for basic needs; citizen involvement.
Increasing the capacity of nonprofits to respond effectively to community needs is essential. In general, the Foundation prefers funding:
-Programs or projects scheduled to take place in the same year in which the grant is awarded
-Start-up costs for new programs
-One-time projects or needs
-Capital needs beyond an applicant's capabilities and means
-Grant proposals that exhibit a diversification of funding sources
-Grant proposals that delineate plans for future funding
GrantWatch ID#: 159692
The Foundation generally grants amounts in the range of $5,000 to $25,000.
The Foundation does not award multi-year grants.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Amy Dell, Program Officer
(740) 349-3863, x108
Licking County Foundation
30 N. Second Street
P.O. Box 4212
Newark, OH 43058-4212
USA: Ohio: Licking County
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to protect natural resources on land and water in locations around the world. Funding is intended to ensure that activities to acquire metals, gemstones, and corals for design use do not have an adverse impact on the area of origin.
Grants to USA, Canada, and International independent filmmakers for feature-length film projects. Funding is intended to support projects at any production phase from development through post-production. Priority will be given to applications from early career and emerg
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grants to Ohio nonprofit organizations for projects that enhance the quality of life for residents in eligible locations. Grants support a variety of programs, including the fields of education, environment and conservation, social services, physical and mental health,
Grants of up to $5,000 to Ohio nonprofit arts and cultural organizations, institutions of higher education, and government agencies for general operating support. Funding is intended to support artistic or administrative expenses for organizations that provide programmi
Grants to USA and Canada individuals and families with low-income for financial assistance. Types of assistance include financial support to offset emergency expenses or to cover the cost of regular monthly bills. Funding is intended for workers and households that are
Grant of $9,000 to a USA, Canada, or International early-career psychologist for child psychology research projects. The purpose of the program is for research and demonstration projects that foster an understanding of the relationship between self-identity and scholast
Grants of $25,000 to USA nonprofit organizations, government entities, educational institutions, and volunteer fire companies for community benefit projects. Funding is intended to support a wide range of impactful and sustainable initiatives that meet community needs.