Grants to Tennessee nonprofit organizations and units of government to address legal needs related to child support. Funding is intended to create new initiatives or continue existing services and programs that assist parents who have never been married and help them resolve any or all issues concerning parenting and visitation in child support cases or cases involving child support issues.
Types of Approved Initiatives for Grant Funding:
Mediation between never-married parents, non-custodial parents and caretakers by in-person, telephonic, and online platforms;
For never-married parents, non-custodial parents, or caretakers, initiatives that provide parental education about co-parenting, development of parenting plans, and other parental access and visitation issues (including conflict resolution related to access and visitation) by in-person, telephonic and online platforms;
Development of parenting plans for never-married parents, non-custodial parents, or caretakers by in-person, telephonic and online platforms;
For self-represented litigants, legal information or legal services about parenting time issues for never-married, non-custodial parents; and
Applicants must be a unit of government or a non-profit organization.
Eligibility of Applicants:
- Applicant’s services must focus on never-married parents, caretakers or non-custodial parents;
- Applicants must have the support of judicial personnel and magistrates at the local Juvenile Court or the court that handles child support order establishment cases and a commitment from that court to refer never-married parents who need help developing a parenting time plan and obtaining a court order to your initiative;
- Applicants must agree to use a Client Intake Form provided by TN DHS;
- Applicants must be a unit of government or a non-profit organization;
- Applicants must be servicing communities within the state of Tennessee; and
- Applicants may seek funding for existing initiatives or for new initiatives.
The application deadline is August 25, 2023, 4:30 p.m. CST.
Notification of grant awards will be sent early September 2023.
Additional Funding Information
Estimated Total Program Funding:
Term of Contract
The grants shall be for services performed during the time period of October 1, 2023 through September 30, 2024.