Foundation / Corporation
American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA)
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to restore and maintain equestrian trails and for trail maintenance education projects. Funding is intended to support organizations that create the strongest impact on trail sustainability and community involvement. Eligible trails are those that are accessible to the public.
Stewards for Trails, Education and Partnerships (STEP) is a program to increase participation in trail stewardship among equine enthusiasts while casting a positive light on horseback riders to land managers and other trail users.
Projects may include, but are not limited to:
- Trail maintenance, construction, and relocation: Projects for improving existing trails to address design and/or erosion issues or enhance safety will receive priority.
- Educational programs, including Tread Lightly! and Leave No Trace training. Programs targeting youth will receive priority.
The rental of tools and heavy equipment are eligible for funding.
- Help the national land managers recruit volunteers for trail stewardship
- Educate equestrians so they will be effective advocates for trail stewardship in the horse community
- Accomplish maintenance goals for trails and trailheads with land management
- Improve stewardship of land owned by horsemen that are adjacent to or critical to national land
- Build and/or strengthen relationships between local equestrian communities and land managers for the long-term stewardship of trails, trailheads and campgrounds
GrantWatch ID#: 159711
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application: https://www.aqha.com/trail-riding/programs/step-trail-conservation-program/step-grant-information
Chief Foundation Officer
Contact form: https://www.aqha.com/web/aqha/contact-aqha
American Quarter Horse Association
1600 Quarter Horse Drive
Amarillo, TX 79104
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming