Foundation / Corporation
Animal Assistance Foundation
09/29/17 Close of Business
Grants to Colorado nonprofits and government entities for programs that improve conditions for companion animals through focused efforts in shelter, health, and mental welfare. September 1, 2017, is the LOI due date. Applicants seeking capital grants must contact program staff prior to applying.
Projects or programs must enhance the following five freedoms:
1. Freedom from Hunger and Thirst - by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigor.
2. Freedom from Discomfort - by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area.
3. Freedom from Pain, Injury, and Disease - by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment.
4. Freedom to Express Normal Behavior - by providing sufficient space, proper facilities, and company of the animal's own kind.
5. Freedom from Fear and Distress - by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering.
Funding is available for:
- Shelter Operations
- Community Outreach
- Cruelty Prevention
- Overpopulation Solutions
GrantWatch ID#: 160040
To be eligible you must meet all of the following:
1. Types of qualifying organizations:
- A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
- A government entity
- An organization with a 501(c)(3) Fiscal Sponsor
2. Located within the State of Colorado or an agency that has a direct impact on animals and their owners in Colorado. Direct Impact on animals and their owners in Colorado applies to Institutions conducting studies that result in new science, practice or knowledge significantly affecting animals living in Colorado.
3. Proposing a program for funding which is compatible with the focus areas.
AAF does not fund the following:
- Pass-through organizations
- For-profit agencies
- Private individuals or pets of individuals
- Grants for long-term funding, endowment funds, political campaigns, or retirement of debt
- Groups designated by the IRS as Type III supporting organizations are not eligible to apply.
For capital grants, please contact program staff first. Due to the high volume of inquiries received, please be sure to
contact program staff with questions well in advance of the deadline.
2017-2018 Grant Cycle
- June 1: Grant Cycle Open
- September 1, COB: LOI DEADLINE
- September 29, COB: Application DEADLINE
Register your organization using the link in Contact Information below, and submit the LOI form by the deadline. Approved LOI’s will be invited to complete a full application. Invited applicants must submit full application by the deadline for funding consideration for the 2017-2018 grant cycle, no exceptions.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=aaffd
Rachel Gonzales, Program Director
303-744-8396 x 302
Animal Assistance Foundation
405 Urban Street, Suite 340
Lakewood, CO 80228