Foundation / Corporation
US Trust, Bank of America - Mabel A. Horne Fund
01/15/18 11:59 PM
Grants to Massachusetts nonprofit organizations for programs that improve the quality of life of disadvantaged populations. Funds may be used for program support and general operating support for programs related to human services, healthcare programming, and education. Small, program-related capital expenses may be included in general operating or program requests.
Primary Focus Areas
The Foundation funds educational programs for all ages. To that end, the Foundation funds academic access, enrichment, and remedial programming for children, youth, adults, and older adults that focuses on preparing individuals to achieve while in school and beyond.
The Foundation funds programming that improves access to primary care and health education initiatives for traditionally underserved individuals.
The Foundation is committed to serving the community by supporting organizations meeting the basic needs of all individuals. Since the human service needs of communities are broad and evolving, the Foundation funds a wide array of programming. The Foundation's efforts are focused on—but not limited to—youth development, violence prevention, workforce development, life skills attainment, and food programs.
GrantWatch ID#: 160288
The majority of grants from the Mabel A. Horne Fund are one year in duration. On occasion, multi-year support is awarded.
Nonprofit organizations located in Massachusetts are eligible.
- The Foundation will not provide general operating support for any public school, including public charter schools.
- The Foundation does not provide support for endowment campaigns.
- The Foundation does not provide sponsorships of events such as galas or award ceremonies. It also will not sponsor or fund the costs of fundraising events such as sports tournaments.
The application deadline for the Mabel A. Horne Fund is January 15 at 11:59 PM. Applicants will be notified of grant decisions before May 31.
Please note the following important submission information:
- Email submissions are not accepted
- Hand-delivered applications are not accepted
- Applications sent via USPS, UPS, FedEx, or similar postal services are not accepted.
- Letters of Inquiry or Intent are not accepted.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Application Portal: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_1116?SA=SNA&FID=35006
To discuss the application process or for questions about this foundation, contact: