Foundation / Corporation
W.M. Keck Foundation
02/15/20 4:30 PM PT Receipt
Grant to California nonprofit organizations and agencies to strengthen families, promote the healthy development and education of children and youth, and enhance the lives of residents of Los Angeles County. Applicants are required to submit an initial application prior to submitting a full proposal.
The Southern California program supports organizations that provide arts and cultural enrichment, civic and community services, early childhood and pre-collegiate education, and health care. Projects that address compelling issues and have the potential to have a significant impact on the target population, organization, region, and/or field are encouraged. A special emphasis is placed on projects that focus on children and youth from low-income fields and special needs populations. Collaborative initiatives as well as projects arising from the vision of one organiation's strong leadership are supported.
Preference is given to exemplary institutions and organizations with a history of achievement and effective management, and whose financial condition is strong, as demonstrated by their current audited financial statements prepared in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles. Projects must address significant issues or problems in the areas of arts and culture, civic and community service, early childhood, health care, or pre-collegiate education. Only projects serving communities in Los Angeles County will be considered.
In addition, projects must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Are innovative and distinctive
- Have the potential to create a significant and long-lasting impact for the target population, organization, region and/or field
- Focus on children who are from low-income families
- Benefit special needs populations, including those with developmental disabilities or delays, those in or transitioning from the foster care system and homeless families
- Have strong institutional support, excellent leadership and can demonstrate thorough planning
- Demonstrate that other funding sources are utilized to the fullest extent possible and that private philanthropy generally, and the W. M. Keck Foundation in particular, is essential to the project's success
GrantWatch ID#: 160370
Historically, grants range from $100,000 to $1 million, and are typically under $500,000.
Duration of grants ranges from one to five years.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_5667?SA=SNA&FID=35098
Call the Southern California Program Coordinator at 213-612-2038 to discuss next steps.
W. M. Keck Foundation
550 South Hope Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
USA: California: Los Angeles County