Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation Serving Greeley and Weld County - Women’s Fund of Weld County
Grants ranging from $500 to $5,000 to Colorado nonprofits serving Weld County for innovative programs that address the unmet needs of women and girls in the community. Funding should be used to promote economic self-sufficiency and to build self-confidence and independence for local women and girls.
Within this focus, the Women’s Fund concentrates its funding in two strategic areas:
1) Girls’ futures; and
2) Girls’ and women’s education, employment, training, and self-development.
Grants will be evaluated based on:
- Greatest impact to women/girls who will benefit from the grant
- Alignment with the Women’s Fund criteria
- The quality and need for the project
The Women’s Fund of Weld County supports programs that include:
- Collaborative partnerships
- Innovative approaches
- Endeavors which build upon existing resources or services
- Involvement of diverse racial, ethnic and socioeconomic groups
- Potential for additional financial resources and community support
- Long-term impact on individuals, or potential impact
- Specific, measurable goals and outcomes
- Movement towards being self-sustaining
- Projects that serve or are used by women and girls who reside in Weld County (however, a grantee's home office can be located outside Weld County)
The Women’s Fund of Weld County may enter into temporary partnerships with other organizations which promote various women’s programs or issues which the Women’s Fund finds fill a community need.
GrantWatch ID#: 160377
Available grants for this cycle will be from $500 to $5,000.
The Women's Fund of Weld County awards grants to 501(c)(3) tax-exempt (or equivalent) nonprofit organizations.
The Women’s Fund of Weld County will NOT support:
- Grants to one organization to be passed to another
- Debt reduction
- Campaigns to elect candidates, lobbying activities or intent
- Programs to promote religious or sectarian activities
- Annual appeals or membership drives
- Capital purposes including building improvements and office equipment
- Scholarships for course work or conferences for individuals or payments to individuals (funding available only to groups, agencies and non-profits)
- Ongoing staff salaries
- Repeated applications for funding of the same program
Applications are Available: Starting May 1
Application Deadline: August 31
Grant Notification Date: October
Grants Funded: October/November
The Grants committee will begin review of received grant applications beginning August 1. Clarification requests regarding the application will be sent to applicants in August.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: http://www.weldwomensfund.org/index.php/grants/apply-for-a-grant/grant-application
(970) 304-9970 (Community Foundation)
The Women's Fund of Weld County
P.O. Box 336995
Greeley, CO 80633-0617
USA: Colorado: Weld County