Foundation / Corporation
James Marston Fitch Charitable Foundation and Samuel H. Kress Foundation
10/25/17 11:00 PM EST
Grant of up to $15,000 to a USA professional who is in the middle of their career for a research project in the area of historical preservation or a related field of study. Projects should seek to creatively make significant contributions to the professional or academic field of historical preservation. Related fields may include architecture, archaeology, architectural conservation, landscape architecture, architectural history, environmental planning, urban design, and the decorative arts.
Projects should relate to the appreciation, interpretation, preservation, study, and teaching of European art, architecture, and related disciplines from antiquity to the early 19th century, in the context of historic preservation in the United States.
Potential projects could include the exploration of shared European and American influences in style, design, materials, construction techniques, building types, conservation and interpretation methodologies, philosophical and theoretical attitudes, and other factors applicable to preservation in both Europe and America.
Applications are reviewed by the Fitch Trustees. Projects will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- The project will make a meaningful contribution to the academic and/or professional field of historic preservation in the United States
- The applicant has a realistic plan for the dissemination of research and/or final work product
- The project has clear and realistic goals, timeframe, work plan, and budget
- The project demonstrates innovative thinking, original research and creative problem-solving and/or design
GrantWatch ID#: 160430
Up to $15,000
Projects must be completed within twelve (12) months of the grant award.
- Grants are awarded only to individuals, not organizations
- Applicants must be mid-career professionals with at least 10 years experience in historic preservation or related fields, including architecture, landscape architecture, architectural conservation, urban design, environmental planning, archaeology, architectural history, and the decorative arts.
- Applicants must be legal residents or citizens of the United States.
- The Foundation does not fund university-sponsored research projects or dissertation research.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply: https://jmfcf.submittable.com/submit/92271/samuel-h-kress-mid-career-fellowship-2018
Please email Cristiana Peña, Executive Director, at email@example.com with any questions concerning criteria for evaluation or project eligibility.
c/o Neighborhood Preservation Center
232 East 11th Street
New York, NY 10003
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming