Foundation / Corporation
First Community Foundation Partnership (FCFP) of Pennsylvania - Pearls with a Passion Fund
Grants ranging from $2,500 to $5,000 to Pennsylvania nonprofits and units of local government in the city of Williamsport and Lycoming and Union Counties for programs that support children and youth in crisis. Funding requests can be in the areas of new programs and enhancements, capital equipment and technology, or special events.
The Foundation favors proposals that:
- Impact a broad range and diverse group of people in the service area
- Address community needs and/or opportunities in innovative and creative ways
- Result in attainable and measurable goals
- Illustrate financial strength to ensure long-term self-sustainability, especially when seeking start-up or seed funding
- Show collaboration with other nonprofits without duplicating efforts
- Leverage or generate other funding sources and/or propose use of grant to attract matching funds
GrantWatch ID#: 160433
- Minimum request of $2,500
- Maximum request of $5,000
The grant period is set for one year, following board approval: January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018.
Applicants must be qualified to receive tax-exempt contributions as defined by the IRS - in the vast majority of cases, applicants will be 501(c)(3) organizations or a unit of local government described in Section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Applicants without 501(c)(3) statuses may work through another qualified 501(c)(3) organization that is willing to serve as a Fiscal Sponsor for the applicant.
- Annual campaigns
- Costs that were incurred prior to the anticipated grant approval date
- General operating expenses: such as salaries for current staff positions, rent, utilities, office expenses (Salaries for new staff for program enhancements may be considered)
- Multi-year funding requests
- Operating or program deficits
- Re-granting, on a case by case basis
- Religious organizations may only apply through a non-secular qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization for community-wide programs/projects
- Cemeteries, school districts and school district foundations, volunteer fire companies
- Clubs, sports teams or services limited to a select membership
- Loans, scholarships, fellowships, honorary awards, or travel grants
- Requests from individuals
- Previous recipients with outstanding final reports for a Pearls with a Passion Fund grant may not apply.
Applications must be received by September 29, 2017. Final funding decisions will be announced in early November.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail applications to:
FCFP Philanthropy Center
Attn: Director of Grantmaking
201 West Fourth Street
Williamsport, PA 17701
Or submit electronically to:
For additional information please contact:
Betty Gilmour, Director of Grantmaking
USA: Pennsylvania: City of Williamsport and Lycoming and Union Counties