Foundation / Corporation
The Royal Canadian Geographical Society (RCGS) - Canadian Geographic Education
Award of $2,500 to a Canada teacher working in a K-12 setting to acknowledge outstanding work and to recognize actions that have gone beyond their job requirements to advance geographic literacy. The award will be given to an educator who is promoting geographic engagement and increasing the geographic literacy of their students.
The Award consists of $1,250 to the recipient; a $1,250 donation made in the winner’s name to support geographic education; and a trip for the recipient to the RCGS College of Fellow’s Annual General Meeting to receive their award.
- A current K-12 teacher in Canada who has made significant contributions to increasing geographic literacy or strengthening geographic education) within his/her school
- An individual working directly with students in a school setting
- An individual teaching units of full courses that include a significant component of Canadian geography
- An individual who goes above and beyond the job description to increase geographic awareness and literacy
GrantWatch ID#: 160802
The award consists of a $2,500 prize: $1,250 to the recipient; a $1,250 donation made in the winner’s name to support geographic education; and a trip for the recipient of the RCGS College of Fellow’s Annual General Meeting to receive their award.
- The ‘Innovation in Geography Teaching’ Award shall be awarded to a current K-12 teacher in Canada.
- The award recipient may not be currently serving as a member of the Can Geo Education executive or the RCGS Board of Governors.
- The award recipient must be a Canadian citizen OR a permanent resident of Canada.
- Prior to September 15 the nominator completes the online nomination form found in Contact Information below.
- Immediately following submission of the nomination form, both the nominator and nominee will be informed that their nomination has been received and will be provided with log-in information for their online account.
- Prior to September 15 the nominee is responsible for uploading a current C.V. to their online account.
- Prior to September 15 the nominator is responsible for uploading two different letters of support to the nominee’s online account.
Prior to October 15 all candidates’ files will be reviewed by the selection committee.
Nominations stand for one year only. All nominees will be contacted with the results by e-mail no later than October 25.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit your nomination:
Jason Muscant, Director of Advancement, Fellows Committee, Awards, Research and Grants, Expeditions
613-745-4629 ext. 139
The Royal Canadian Geographical Society
1155 Lola Street, Suite 200
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon