Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley
Grants of up to $20,000 to Dutchess County, New York nonprofits serving economically disadvantaged residents and their pets through programs that promote self-sufficiency, self-reliance, and economic opportunity.
The Community Foundations’ goal is to support programs that have proven to be effective, demonstrate increasing demand and to encourage and support innovative solutions to those facing economic adversity.
The Foundation will focus its grant making on applications that address the following funding priorities:
- Support for the expansion of existing programs and services that are proven effective in assisting economically disadvantaged individuals work toward self-reliance;
- Equipment and capital support (i.e. small to mid-scale renovations) to improve organizational infrastructure and enhance capacity to deliver services;
- New program pilots may be considered if organizations demonstrate the capacity to effectively carry out the program and sustain it beyond initial funding; and,
- Requests that meet the above criteria and leverage existing resources and additional funding sources are encouraged.
GrantWatch ID#: 160869
Multiple grants will be awarded.
Grants made through this program will not exceed $20,000.
Annual funding should not be anticipated, multi-year requests may be considered.
Tax exempt nonprofit organizations located in Dutchess County, New York.
This may include, but not be limited to:
- Organizations providing comprehensive case management services, including those that work to increase access to public benefits, organizations providing homeless prevention services and services to the homeless, organizations providing job readiness and job training services to youth and adults, organizations providing access to critical health services for individuals and children in need;
- Organizations providing access to low-cost services to family pets, etc.
Please note that grants are not given to support:
- Debt reduction
- Underwriting of special fundraising events
- Travel and lodging expenses
- Shipping expenses related to the purchase of equipment
- Capital project expenses such as design and labor. One-time material expenses may be considered.
- Ongoing expenses such as rent and lease costs
- Fundraising campaigns, such as endowment, capital or annual campaigns
- Projects related to partisan politics or elections
- Religious organizations. However, grants may be made to support non-religious programs provided through these institutions.
- Expenses that have occurred prior to the expected announcement dates of the grant awards.
Fall Online Application available:09/01/2017
Fall Application Deadlines:12/15/2017
Award notification: February
One application cycle will be offered annually in the fall.
Grant Program Guidelines: http://communityfoundationshv.org/Receive/Grants/guidlines.aspx?id=23
Important: This grant program is intended to support organizations in achieving enhanced impact. Requests should be structured to demonstrate how a single grant from this program will grow and improve your programs.
Contact the Community Foundations if you have questions.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online Application Portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=cfdcny
Cristin McPeake, Director of Programs
USA: New York: Dutchess County